Loews refund question

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
Back in October I booked a 1 night stay at RPR for $324.
In February 2019 I rebooked when the rate dropped to $319.
Last month I rebooked again when the APH rate of $224 came out (3 adults, 1 child)

I have not received a reimbursement of difference since my initial charge of $370.13 in October. The difference being $118.13.

I phoned today to ask about it and the gentleman I spoke with said if a refund has not happened within 48 hours then it will happen at RPR when we are there. Which is not until late August.

Really?! He said that's standard policy. Granted I have not stayed at Loews before but I have never had that happen with other hotels where I have rebooked due to rate changes. Is that correct?

He ended up saying they could make an exception and I should receive the difference in 8-10 business days... that was so weird...

That is their standard practice in my experience. They credit your account.

I have never gotten a refund when modifying a reservation. They keep the first deposit and apply it to the total room charge. Did your confirmation number stay the same? (However if you rebook at a higher rate they will immediately charge you the difference in deposit)

Now, if you cancel the reservation and book a new one you should get a refund of the initial deposit since they charge you a new deposit on the room. So if you cancelled the first when you booked another and paid a new deposit, you should have gotten a refund. This happens when I change resorts, for example.

When I do a change, I don’t modify

I cancel and make a new reservation

Refund usually comes within the week

Thanks for the information.

It was my understanding that she was cancelling the reservation and booking a new one. She did say it would take a couple of a weeks for the refund to show on my CC. But the reservation number has stayed the same so I guess she only modified it.

Ah well. We shall see if the price difference refund comes through in two weeks. I would rather have the money now to use to pay other parts of our trip in advance than after.

My reservation # changed when I canceled and rebooked

If her ressie # is the same, possible it was only modified for price ?

Just a guess on my part

Thanks for the information.

It was my understanding that she was cancelling the reservation and booking a new one. She did say it would take a couple of a weeks for the refund to show on my CC. But the reservation number has stayed the same so I guess she only modified it.

Ah well. We shall see if the price difference refund comes through in two weeks. I would rather have the money now to use to pay other parts of our trip in advance than after.

If you are staying more than one night, you are really just paying more in advance.

My understanding is that you can modify the reservation as to dates & price.

Any applicable room rate reduction applied/Credit(s) then applied against the room charges. Ultimately, refunded if the balance has not been utilized by checkout.

However, if you do elect to change hotels, then you must cancel and start anew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!