Logistics

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
We’re coming in August 2021. My husband, 16 yo daughter and 15 yo son as well as myself. Both kids are medically fragile with multiple problems, my son in a wheelchair full time, my daughter ambulatory, non verbal and low on the autism spectrum. I have RA. Currently I’m doing well and we plan very sedate days at the parks. My fear is my RA will act up and we’ll need someone to push an extra chair. I have one wide enough for both my daughter and I but is there a service available to just help push? We’ll be doing very few rides and only one park per day.

You can try Fairy Godmothers or Care.com, but I'm not aware of any such service. Plus, mobility devices are typically for just one person. And your have to expect to pay admission for whoever you hire.

I would look at someone in your area that maybe has an AP That would not mind going with you. There are a few tour guides in Orlando that you can gooogle I am sure they would be happy to help you out but they can be pricy.

To clarify: Disney does not provide personal assistant services as part of any Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation.

Attraction lines are designed to meet ADA access requirements. An overly-large wheelchair may be difficult to work with.

Is your son in an power chair/self-propelling or does he need someone to push his chair full-time?

To clarify: Disney does not provide personal assistant services as part of any Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation.

Attraction lines are designed to meet ADA access requirements. An overly-large wheelchair may be difficult to work with.

Is your son in an power chair/self-propelling or does he need someone to push his chair full-time?
He’s total care.

Kids Night out has a "Mothers/Fathers Helper Service"

How Our “Mother’s/Father’s Helper” Service Works.
Sometimes you don’t want to leave your kids behind but just need a little help so everyone can enjoy themselves. We offer “Mother’s Helpers” or Father’s Helpers” to make sure everyone has a good time! There are a couple of things you should keep in mind when using this service.

• When travelling to a theme park with a caregiver, transportation cannot be by private vehicle. Shuttle, chartered transportation, taxi, or Walt Disney World transportation service is acceptable.
  • Please be aware that theme parks do not allow our caregivers admittance for free. A mother’s or father’s helper will need a theme park ticket purchased for their admittance.

https://kidsniteout.com/in-room-sitter/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter