Looking for activity suggestions for Laguna Beach area

branv

<font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents
We (Me, DH and 3yo DS) arrive at LAX very early on Friday 4/28. We are staying two nights in a Homewood Suites outside Laguna Beach (in Aliso Viejo). So far our plans are really vague for that weekend :

4/28 try to get early check in at hotel so DS can nap. If not, drive around and just explore, pick up supplies until we can check in at 3 pm.

Dinner around Laguna area. Maybe a walk on the beach around sunset (if we're not dropping from exhaustion).

Saturday 4/29 Beach until or through lunch. Maybe tide pools. Beach options I've seen and bookmarked on Google Maps:
1000 Steps
Aliso Beach
Heisler Park
Shaws Cove
Crescent Bay Point Park
Crystal Cove
Corona Del Mar

After nap, maybe Balboa Island? I read you can rent boats and bikes.

Sunday 4/30 No clue. We check out that day to move to Anaheim. The thought was maybe that morning drive into LA area and see where the day takes us. I know the big suggestions, like the farmers market, Santa Monica pier, the big parks (whose names fail me right now), a drive through Hollywood, etc etc.

That afternoon we will check into Homewood Suites for our trip to Disneyland Mon-Fri.

I am normally a big planner but am trying to be more easy going this trip. But I would still love suggestions if any of the places I mentioned are a good or bad idea for a family with a little one (like with the beach we really just want to safely wade, play with sand toys and maybe see some sea critters). Or perhaps there are better places or activities you can suggest!

Also, any good restaurants you can recommend? We like all types of foods, but would especially love some seafood. Most of the seafood places I saw seem too nice to take young kids, so I'm stumped there.

Thank you for any help!

I had to edit to add that we are used to driving 30-50 miles one way at home just to go do something fun or for a favorite restaurant, so we're okay with suggestions that may be farther out but are great options. Maybe not all the way to San Diego far, but pretty far.

Last edited:
Any of those beaches will be a good choice. My favorite is Thousand steps beach but remember it IS
a thousand (or just about) stairs to the beach. Aliso isn't a wading beach - on a beautiful Saturday it
will be very crowded and the waves there are pretty big. Shaws Cove is beautiful and not too crowded,
great for wading.

Heading to Hollywood area between Laguna and Anaheim is a long way out of the way - but not a
bad idea if that's what you want to see. and Sunday will be a lighter traffic day.

Don't worry about taking young kids to any of the restaurants around Laguna. Most are all family
friendly. Maybe avoid the 4$$$$ rated ones after 8PM like the Ritx-Carlton. Big Fish or The Cliff
are great. Bear Flag at Crystal Cove. You can go wrong with Nick's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter