Looking for advice

Akram Craig

Earning My Ears
Hi, This will be our first time driving to FL from NY (we have always flown before, but this will be a low budget trip). I would greatly appreciate any tips/tricks. DS will be 8 and DD 12. Looking for advice on keeping the peace in a small car, good places to stop/avoid, or even links to existing threads I may have missed.

Last edited:
Touristy stops: DC to see the monuments or Alexandria VA (outside DC) to visit Mt Vernon, then Savannah, GA for the hop on off bus tour.
Give each kid a Nintendo switch or laptop on which to watch movies, or license plate bingo cards. Don’t forget headphones for each, and chargers.
And pillows to build the necessary Giant Pillow Wall of Division.
And gummy snacks.

Bring lots of patience! A long car ride is hard for the kids, so have plenty of things for them to do. I can't believe I did NJ to FL, non-stop, as a kid with no electronics! Having driven to SC and GA myself, I would suggest leaving after dinner and driving through the night, if at all possible. Kids sleep, you will get through Philly, DC with little traffic and in Georgia by the morning. Take some time to rest, Savannah is BEAUTIFUL, and then finish the trip.

When are you planning this trip? That might change some of the advice/tips/etc.

Some time ago, we drove from Baltimore to WDW.
We left VERY early in the morning, had a stop at South of the Border just for a quick break and a laugh and then we spent the evening and night in Savannah, GA. The day after, we arrived at WDW, checked in quite early and off we went to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter