Looking for dining recommendations

revdon64

DIS Veteran
I am taking DS7 for a birthday trip in January. He/we have been several times and always look to try something new/different/interesting. We also have a few favorites that we like to go back to.

Our ADR window is coming up soon and I'm interested in hearing some suggestions about fun/different/interesting places to dine with a single digit aged boy. So far the only place I've shown him that he seems interested in is SciFi. We've done: CRT, Plaza, BoG, Garden Grill, R&C, Tutto, Teppan Edo, 50'sPT, Mama Melrose, H&V, Y&Y, Tusker Breakfast, T-Rex, Rainforest, Raglan Road, Cape May dinner, Ohana breakfast, 1900, Chef Mickey's. Oh, and we're on the regular dining plan.

I'd like to try Via Napoli and Ohana dinner, but would love to hear any and all suggestions that you have for a great experience.

Jungle Skippers Canteen? Haven't eaten there but it might be a fun place for you to try if he likes the jungle cruise humor.

The Sci-Fi is a good choice for the entertainment value. In my opinion the food is "okay", but nothing special. Everyone should go there at least once for the experience.

Hoope Dee Doo might be an option. They usually make a big announcement of all birthdays and anniversaries, etc. The food is delicious and the entertainment is great. If you get there early there is a playground at Fort Wilderness where he can play and it is nice to explore the grounds there. Ohana dinner is also wonderful. DD who was 7 the first time she tried it, loved it--the pot stickers, the noodles, the beef and chicken. Another choice might be Beaches and Cream--make it memorable and get the kitchen sink--can't imagine a kid who wouldn't love that on his/her birthday. Hope you all have a great time and Happy Birthday to your son!

My son that age loved 'Ohana and whispering Canyon Cafe. WCC was especially fun - loud and crazy and ketchup running plus bottomless milkshakes!

Our ADR window is coming up soon and I'm interested in hearing some suggestions about fun/different/interesting places to dine with a single digit aged boy. So far the only place I've shown him that he seems interested in is SciFi. We've done: CRT, Plaza, BoG, Garden Grill, R&C, Tutto, Teppan Edo, 50'sPT, Mama Melrose, H&V, Y&Y, Tusker Breakfast, T-Rex, Rainforest, Raglan Road, Cape May dinner, Ohana breakfast, 1900, Chef Mickey's. Oh, and we're on the regular dining plan.

Sci-Fi is pretty cool, we just took our DGDs (4 & 5) there and even though they are clueless about drive-in theaters they enjoyed it, and the food was quite good. If you can make that work for you I think the whole family would enjoy it.

Have you considered Coral Reef? Your DS might enjoy the aquarium. I've eaten there several times and have had good food and service. Sci-Fi is a must do for me every trip. I've only eaten at Via Napoli once. It was a little too loud for me. The food was good.

I second HDDR. So fun!
Also Homecoming was quite delicious!
Ohana is always a fave too :)

Thank you all for your input. We're probably not doing any character meals this trip, so CP is out. DDP, so I'm reluctant to use 2 credits on HDDR - but I do love the place.
I think we've settled on: SciFi, 'Ohana, Skipper Canteen, San Angel Inn (daddy's not thrilled, but the boy loves tacos and this is his trip), Yak & Yeti, and Boma.
SciFi for his actual birthday and considering the Star Wars Desert party with fireworks that night.
Y&Y with ROL package.
Boma (for daddy although I personally love Sanaa).

Thank you all for your input. We're probably not doing any character meals this trip, so CP is out. DDP, so I'm reluctant to use 2 credits on HDDR - but I do love the place.
I think we've settled on: SciFi, 'Ohana, Skipper Canteen, San Angel Inn (daddy's not thrilled, but the boy loves tacos and this is his trip), Yak & Yeti, and Boma.
SciFi for his actual birthday and considering the Star Wars Desert party with fireworks that night.
Y&Y with ROL package.
Boma (for daddy although I personally love Sanaa).
Here's a vote for YES, do the SW dessert party. I saw that as the mom of a DS12, who LOVED this... several times going back to maybe 9 or 10yo.

About 'Ohana, just a "warning" in case you didn't already know that opinions on this place at dinner swing between LOVE and HATE, with not too many in between. We're in the "HATE" camp...

I've read both sides of the argument concerning 'Ohana. We're intrigued by the menu and want to try it ourselves.

SW Dessert Party is one of those "IF we can manage to save the money to do it for your birthday" things. Thanks for the feedback on it.

I am taking DS7 for a birthday trip in January. He/we have been several times and always look to try something new/different/interesting. We also have a few favorites that we like to go back to.

I'd like to try Via Napoli and Ohana dinner, but would love to hear any and all suggestions that you have for a great experience.
Ohana dinner is a must do for us on every trip! I wasn't impressed with Via Napoli. We like the atmosphere of San Angel Inn in Epcot if he's into Mexican. :)

So I think we've settled on where we're going to eat:
Mon Jan 8th Boma
Tues Jan 9th San Angel Inn
Wed Jan 10th Skipper Canteen
Thur Jan 11th SciFi
Friday Jan 12th Yak & Yeti
Saturday Jan 13th 'Ohana

Of course all that is pending on whether I'm able to get those particular ressies. We're looking at all dinners, and no character meals.

Well you picked 4 of the places I was going to recommend! :thumbsup2 Ohana, Boma, Y&Y and Skippers Canteen are dang good choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter