Looking for examples of daily food budget

With that exchange rate, could you find a fellow Canadian DVC owner and rent a studio from them at a monorail resort and it be cheaper?
I know when I want to go last minute ish and a value is running $200 it kills me when a DVC studio is 14 points for that night (And I have no more points)
Definitely bring simple boxed snacks with you. A banana was $2.29 yesterday at SSR, yet I think the breakfast burrito was 3.99 (that you needed to microwave) milk was $4 ish for a quart. It was over $7 for milk and burrito.

I have no idea what DVC is lol

Hi we are visiting Disney for the first time this year from Canada. The exchange rate is brutual..around 36% I think right now! We are booked for November too which I know may be swamped due to star wars but it is the only time that worked for the group we are travelling with.

Am curious/looking for examples of what you have spent daily OOP on food while staying on resort. It is me, my hubby and our 2.5 year old who is a picky eater anyway.

Wondering if the dining plan is worth it. Getting a lot of pressure from the rest of our group to stay off resort to save money however I think it may be easier for us to stay on resort at one of the budget resorts and get around with a toddler. The rest of the group doesnt have kids this young. I priced out a car rental with a carseat and it seemed expensive at almost 700CAD with insurance addes etc.

I know everyone is different but just looking for ideas/inspiration from a budget perspective.

Thanks!
For us we tend to dine one nice sit down meal each day, have breakfast at the resort, and grab "something" for lunch. It tends to average out to be about $100 hundred US per person per day.

I know people have mentioned looking online at menus, but you can also find them on the Disney World app on your phone! You can get exact prices there as well to get an idea of what you'd be spending. And for me personally, I like that setup better since you can choose filters to only look at restaurants at certain parks, etc.

Our day usually looks like this: 2 counter service type meals (of which breakfast is usually one), and one sit down meal. We buy several bottles of water in the parks (we enjoy our park days bags free) , and adult beverages - but we aren't soda pop drinkers. We don't do buffets or character meals, they aren't our thing. We don't try to economize and get what we want, although we do on occasion share CS lunches or breakfasts depending on how hungry we are, or aren't.
We are two adults and our daily average is about $300 per day on food & drinks.

What I actually want to do on my next trip is get a refill cup and get hotchoco for kids and coffee for myself and hubby for breaksfast most days and cereal ect before leaving rooms in am.
Packing lunch and snacks to enjoy throughout park days and dinner off prop. Where are good spots to sit and relx for a hr or 2 in each park for snacks. We usually stay only till 2 or 3 at parks and rest the rest of the day but thi time wanna wanna push through the whole day. What do you think?

DVC = Disney vacation club. You can rent points from members. Monorail resort are: Polynesian, Bay Lake Tower, or Grand Floridian.
I think their is a Canadian catagorie on this site. Normally If you rent points you can not decide to change dates.

I've run the numbers more times than I can count and the only way the dining plan works for us is if we're doing a character meal at dinner every day. Even then, it really doesn't save money, its more of a break even and a convenience.

Other than that, we can eat much less expensively by paying OOP. Like others we split larger meals and if we're still hungry get something else.

Our day usually looks like this: 2 counter service type meals (of which breakfast is usually one), and one sit down meal. We buy several bottles of water in the parks (we enjoy our park days bags free) , and adult beverages - but we aren't soda pop drinkers. We don't do buffets or character meals, they aren't our thing. We don't try to economize and get what we want, although we do on occasion share CS lunches or breakfasts depending on how hungry we are, or aren't.
Thats a lot!

Oh geez that's so much. I spent $300 TOTAL on my last trip for myself that was 6.5 days. That included 2 table service meals and tips.

I also get what I'm hungry for, but I don't really buy any drinks except coffee (occasionally alcohol or something else but I'm a big free water drinker at the parks )

Yes, I understand $300 buys different folks different things and everyone has their own way. This is just our way/ what we budget for the way we do WDW...sometimes I come home with $$!

We have a 10-night/11-day trip coming up. We plan to spend on average $100/day between 2 adults and 2 kids (3 and 5). We are not big eaters, I like the occasional cocktail but not at Disney prices so I typically just drink water on vacations, and we will do mostly quick-service for 1 meal and sit-down for the other.
Food budgeting always comes down to personal habits and planning. I know what my wife and I can share, I know what the kids eat, and I know the best cost effective places to achieve our budget goal. We might go over, but that's why it's a plan.

We are a family of 5. One teen, 2 kids. I budget $200 for table service (yikes!) and $60 for counter service. $25 a day for snacks. We mostly eat CS. Usually eat brkfst in the room (a couple of mickey waffles are necessary each trip though). Usually only do 1-2 TS per trip.

Wow! How do you manage to spend that much considering 2 of your meals are cs? Do you do signature dinners every night with lots of cocktails?

Wow! How do you manage to spend that much considering 2 of your meals are cs? Do you do signature dinners every night with lots of cocktails?

We don't have a lot of decent restaurants near us, so yeah - we do take advantage of having the opportunity to go to nicer restaurants and have cocktails since someone else is driving. And again - that is a AVERAGE of what we spend. Sometimes we do two sit down meals per day. Some days we might not do any. Sometimes we buy a decent bottle of wine at dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter