Looking for help/advice/information

Ian92

Earning My Ears
I know that want-to-buy posts aren't allowed and I'm worried that this is a bit borderline, but what I'm really after is information. I want to know if it's even remotely possible to find any props or anything that was actually used in the great movie ride. Are there people out there who own stuff like that and would be willing to part with it? I've emailed the people from theme park connection but haven't received a reply. I've contacted all of the people in my life who have any connection to WDW at all. I'm checking eBay compulsively. No luck so far. I was hoping ya'll might know what my next move should be. Complicating matters: I work at a bookstore so I don't have a ton of disposable income and it's possible that even if I do find something I won't be able to afford it. The closest thing I've found are the cast member costume tote bags available on eBay... but I can't justify spending $400 on a tote bag.

I love Disney, but my girlfriend (the love of my life) is a super fan and the great movie ride has always been her favorite. Going on it as a kid was one of the things that inspired her to go into film as a career. She was really really sad when it closed. She's still sad. I know it would mean so much to her if I could just find something (literally anything) from the ride so she could keep a piece of it. Anyway, any websites or forums or facebook groups or people to contact you could direct me to would be super helpful. Or if this is totally hopeless I'd like to know that too. Thank you.

There is a place that I learned of on these boards that has items you are referring to. Hopefully someone who remembers the name can point you to them. If you can get the DISboard search to work for you, you might be able to trace it down.

There is an auction house, also, that sells a lot of this type of item - of course I can't remember that right now either...... I will try and get the name when I get home tonight.

Also set up a search on ebay to be notified when The Great Movie Ride items are listed.

There is a place that I learned of on these boards that has items you are referring to. Hopefully someone who remembers the name can point you to them. If you can get the DISboard search to work for you, you might be able to trace it down.

There is an auction house, also, that sells a lot of this type of item - of course I can't remember that right now either...... I will try and get the name when I get home tonight.

Also set up a search on ebay to be notified when The Great Movie Ride items are listed.

Thank you so much! While I haven't found anything yet, your information has gotten me much closer. I found an article about Van Eaton Galleries auctioning some of the Tower of Terror Merchandise and clicking through/doing related searches I found a couple of neat photographs of the imagineers standing in front of the great movie ride on icollector.com. These aren't exactly what I'm looking for, but they're definitely closer than I've gotten to this point. I definitely have several ebay notifications set up for great movie ride and related terms. I'm still looking but thanks again for the great help!!!!

Sad that Themepark Connection closed down. I used to find some neat stuff there.

They still have an online store (or at least they did up till Christmas anyway!). Bought a few bits from them and shipped to the U.K. google should help find their website

They still have an online store (or at least they did up till Christmas anyway!). Bought a few bits from them and shipped to the U.K. google should help find their website
Will have to check that out. But it was so much more fun digging through miles and miles of piles and piles, hoping to score some neat stuff by accident. The thrill of the hunt...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!