Looking for Ohana breakfast reviews

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
Any info would be great. We have never done a breakfast at Disney but I'm looking into this for our upcoming trip. I was looking at the menu and there doesn't seem to be much on it. Is their menu similar to other breakfast menu options, say like at Chef Mickey's? I'm just really not sure about this but it looks like it might be fun to try. It just seems like a lot of money for breakfast. Thanks!

No, it's not like chef mickey's bc CM is a buffet, therefore has more choices. O'hana is all you can eat but is served family style at your table and is only the items seen on the menu.

We did Ohana last year with our girls 6 and 9 and they really liked it. Although it wasn’t a Buffett the food was Mickey waffles and traditional breakfast foods. My girls love Stitch and Poly is a nice place to visit. They preferred it to Chef Mickey. I prefer sitting family style as there is less chance you will miss characters while going to grab food.

Most Disney restaurants tend to be pricey for what you get. Those with the character interaction is part of what you are paying for. Best to read the menu for any place you want to eat to understand what is offered and the type of service. Reviews tend to be all over the map no matter which restaurant it is, so I don't find those particularly helpful. You will find as many saying service was 'too slow' as 'too fast', so it depends on what you were expecting. Some people bash restaurants that serve 'family style' since they don't care for that. Some people find one thing they didn't like about a restaurant (i.e. ran out of bread sticks) and then complain about the entire meal.

We ate dinner at both Chef Mickey's and Ohana's during our trip last month and enjoyed both of them. Mickey is buffet while Ohana's is family style.

Ohana breakfast was a one and done for us. I love character meals, but the food was extremely basic and just ok. We were there almost 90 minutes and still hadn’t seen all the characters - usually if we’re at a character meal that long, we’ve seen them multiple times.

Thanks everyone. We are a long time Disney family. We just are night people and don’t usually find value in paying that price for breakfast. We maybe staying at the Poly so I thought I’d look into it. I don’t know why I didn’t realize it was family style like dinner. We’ve eaten dinner here many times. So that makes more sense now.

We will eat at ‘Ohana Breakfast if staying at the Poly, but wouldn’t make a special trip. We do love seeing Stitch and Lilo. The food is pretty indifferent for the price..powdered eggs, salty potatoes and small sausage links that tend to be dried out (they used to have wonderful sausage links as did Akershus but have gone to the blah ones). Mickey waffles are always good though! Other people report being able to get bacon, but we were told no, that it was off the menu so ymmv. The fruit plate and pineapple bread are delicious. POG juice too, but that has been available at most character meals and buffets now so it isn’t as special as it used to be. We have had great service, average and not great service at ‘Ohana, I don’t usually count bad service against a restaurant unless it is a recurring pattern.

We will be at Poly this year, I have an adr but unsure I will keep it. For us there are better options, including 1900 Park Fare next door at GF.

I would suggest Crystal Palace if you were gonna eat then head into MK. Otherwise probably chef Mickey's

We eat at Ohana almost every trip for breakfast at least once but it is a sentimental thing for us. My 18 year old loved Lilo & Stitch and we had to watch those shows hundreds of times. Stitch is still her favorite and since we have to eat breakfast anyways. We are staying at the Poly for our next trip and I am afraid she will want to eat there 2 or 3 times. I love the place but was hoping to fit at least one Kona breakfast into that schedule.

If you are staying at Poly or are a Lilo & Stitch fan I would say it's worth it. The food is served family style, all you can eat which is a nice change from a lot of the other character breakfasts which are buffet. You never have to worry about missing a character while up at the buffet. We enjoyed it the one time we tried it but probably wouldn't go out of our way to visit again.

The food's decent, we saw all the characters, but it felt SUPER loud. Like we couldn't hear each other at the table and I felt like we were being chased out by the wait staff.

It's a one and done for me, but my mom loves stitch so we're going next year :/

Ohana was a one and done for my family. While the family style buffet is nice because you know you won’t miss a character, the food wasn’t my kids favorite.

Thanks so much everyone. If we stay here we may try it for lunch. Get one of their latest ADE’s for breakfast. We aren’t interested in any other character meal for breakfast. We usually just grab something in the room and have a big meal in the middle of the day. But we may go ahead and try this for something different this next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!