Looking for Playground Suggestions

glassslippergirl

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW March 23-30. We have two non-park days scheduled during the week. We are looking for area parks (open to the public) with a nice playground for DS5 to visit on these days. A splash pad in the park would be a welcome bonus. We will be staying just off Irlo Bronson but are willing to drive. If you know, please indicate if the park has an entrance fee. Thanks!

Its going to sound strange, but the Florida Mall has an amazing indoor playground just outside the Crayola Experience. If you have a rainy day and need to get some energy out, I highly recommend it. It is free and a kid could spend hours there.

This may sound a bit strange, but my DS has autism and we were always looking for a plain old playground with swings and a playset that he could use during our WDW trips.....we found a local elementary school not far from the Disney Springs hotels that we would use after hours - it wasn't gated and we had the place to ourselves.

We would often stop by 3-4 times a week when we would be out running errands, shopping, etc.

It was ~ 4miles up Apopka-Vineland Rd from Hotel Plaza Blvd.

This is the one we used: https://www.greatschools.org/florida/orlando/2128-Bay-Meadows-Elementary-School/

Your request for a splash pad immediately made me think of Disney Springs. But its been awhile since we used it & not sure if it survived the renovation of DTD, but would be absolutely free if you don't buy anything ;). When I took the kids I took small towel & swimsuits under their clothes, as we were going the specifically to enjoy the pads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter