Losing my rabbit

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
Hi everyone.

I've had my rabbit for 8 years- when I was in 5th grade, I took her home when she was a bunny because her previous home situation was unsafe for her. This weekend I've noticed that she hasn't been moving much any more and is rarely touching her food and water. Went in to check on her this morning and she was shaking. She hasn't stood on her hind legs in a while, either, and I can't remember the last time she ran around her corral and jumped up. She didn't move when I opened up her coop to give her food or water today or yesterday. I'm worried that this is the end for my bunny and I'm really sad. Have any other bunny owners over the year gone through this? What's the easiest way to cope with it? I don't want to see her suffer.

Oh.. SO sorry to hear this

I haven't had a bunny since I was about 10, and I am now 45, so I honestly don't know...

Can you take her, or ask your parents to bring you into the special vet? In case she is suffering (sounds it).. Sometimes it can be easily treated.. How are her teeth? Do they need trimming?

Oh.. SO sorry to hear this I haven't had a bunny since I was about 10, and I am now 45, so I honestly don't know... Can you take her, or ask your parents to bring you into the special vet? In case she is suffering (sounds it).. Sometimes it can be easily treated.. How are her teeth? Do they need trimming?

Thank you so much for your response.

Unfortunately, she passed away last night. It all happened very suddenly and there wasn't time to take her to the vet. I came home from school and my dad told me that she was most likely not going to make it through the night. Sure enough, I went into the garage to say goodbye to her and almost as soon as I had finished speaking, she was gone. I think she was waiting for me to say goodbye.

Her teeth didn't need trimming and she wasn't too sick before yesterday. I think it was just her time.

So sorry she has passed.. I am glad she didn't suffer o long.. I have to agree with your Dad..

It isn't easy losing a pet we love so much.. But know how much of a wonderful and loving life you gave her :hug: If all pets can be so lucky.

So sorry she has passed.. I am glad she didn't suffer o long.. I have to agree with your Dad.. It isn't easy losing a pet we love so much.. But know how much of a wonderful and loving life you gave her :hug: If all pets can be so lucky.

Thank you so much for your kind words :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter