Love how easy it is to travel within Universal!

zbsigpi

zbsigpi
After browsing threads about another orlando resort, I am amazed that people are OK with having travel times between your on property hotel and the parks, or where ever you are going, to be at a minimum of 20 minutes and in some cases 1 hour or more if you have to transfer to other modes of transportation. I have been to said resort before and have used their on property transportation. I just cannot justify building in that much time for transportation, I find it a waste of my time for "convenience".

I love Universal!!!!!

I agree with you. To keep it real, traveling at Uni can still run you 20-30 minutes from any hotel to any park gate. There is the wait, the frisk, the wait while seated, travel, the walk to the park.

I think the difference is that at Uni, the trip is a relaxing ride, especially traveling via water taxi. Like the monorail at WDW, you might not notice that you were just on it for 15 minutes, it is fun to look at the scenery. Sure beats looking at black top and parking lot.

True being that Uni has security before you actually get to the parks before transportation or at the Hub.

Love Universal too! Especially the Hard Rock Hotel- just a 5 minute walk to the parks!!! We used the Volcano Bay shuttle this trip and it was very quick!

Yep.......takes us 6-7 minutes to walk to IoA from RPR...........few minutes longer to Studios.........everything is so close to everything else.........

Even PB isn't as far as some folks think.........

As mac says in a different way.........Darkside rocks............:D

Love Universal too! Especially the Hard Rock Hotel- just a 5 minute walk to the parks!!! We used the Volcano Bay shuttle this trip and it was very quick!

I was amazed at how quick and efficient it was too. I don't do the buses at Universal, only WDW. So, I was fully expecting the WDW bus experience. It was the complete opposite. Even the tight security at the VB entrance was really fast.

Very efficient. We are returning from PB now and we were super impressed.

So nice to hear you liked Portofino. It is a beautiful Resort. The front desk staff are awesome. Every employee I have had the pleasure of meeting during my many stays there are just as delightful. It's so wonderful to be greeted with a smile as soon as you walk in the door. They do really care about you having a lovely time during your stay.

Last edited:
So nice to hear you liked Portofino. It is a beautiful Resort. The front desk staff are awesome. Every employee I have had the pleasure of meeting during my many stays there are just as delightful. It's so wonderful to be greeted with a smile as soon as you walk in the door. They do really care about you having a lovely time during your stay.

Yes, the PBH was top notch. Smiles everywhere and they went above and beyond our entire stay. We are suffering from withdrawals today. As a huge Disney fan, I found the entire Universal staff, even at the parks, to be more pleasant then we experienced on our last visit to Disney.

We love PBH! I have always loved that hotel, but I love it even more after having children. The staff is always amazing with my girls (5 and 3). From check-in, to the club lounge, to the pool, to the staff in the hallway. We are debating adding on one night at PBH before our Disney trip in a few weeks even though we just went in April!

The only plus side to the transportation to Disney is the fact that you do not have to drive yourself, pay for parking, find parking, then walk back to the parking lot and back. Where as if you have a bus, or something, you're waiting for that transportation to arrive and that's all the "waiting", or time consumption you really have besides the drive. For some people, including myself, that is good enough, even if there might be a longer wait, especially when you're happy you do not have to drive through construction, finding areas to park, and what not.

However, I find Universal is much better with transportation (and I guess others agree too), as for the most part, if you do not want to wait for transportation, things are at a reasonable walking distance. I especially like how close HR is to Universal. However, of course Universal is going to be better with that, as it's a smaller resort in comparison to Disney. Also, the bonus of HE is great too now that we have that, as it's not only a ride, but another way (potentially shorter way) to get to the park (if the wait time is reasonable).

"HE"?

If only Universal would create it's own version of ME!!!! (OMG - perfect application for the Knight Bus!!!!) We always book through AAA so they arrange transportation, but if we decide to check bags, uggg, we have to WAIT for the baggage to come off the plane.....

"HE"?

If only Universal would create it's own version of ME!!!! (OMG - perfect application for the Knight Bus!!!!) We always book through AAA so they arrange transportation, but if we decide to check bags, uggg, we have to WAIT for the baggage to come off the plane.....

HE = Hogwarts Express

of course!! this isn't the first brain-fart I've had reading these boards while at work and my mind is in work mode.
Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter