Lowest Rental fee you pay for UNDERAGE

louisaho

DIS Veteran
so far, i've been having trouble to get a cheap rent because everytime i have to add a 20$ extra for the underage since i'm only 22

In my opinion, if you are under 25, the cheapest, most efficient way to visit WDW is to take a shuttle or towncar from the airport and stay on-site. You can call a cab or I believe take a Mears shuttle if you want to go to other parks, like Universal or Sea World.

I don't think there is any way to avoid paying the extra charge if you're under age.

People have posted that Enterprise only charges $10 /day for underage drivers.

I rented a car for eight days for $230...I got an upgrade to a Nissan Altima but it would
have been a Sentra for that price. This was through InterAmerican rental car. They are off property but they have a really decent shuttle system. WE made our flight at 12:20 and we didn't leave the car rental place until a little after 12...I don't know how but they were really good. There basic rate is $119 for a car but with tax and ten dollars a day extra for being under 25 it wasn't bad...

When I worked for Enterprise in the Boston area we only charged $15/day for under 25. I'm sure it varies by location, but if you must have a car I would check into Enterprise. Typically not on airport, but they usually offer a shuttle.

However, if money is a concern, I agree with Kermit. Check Tiffany Town Car (I believe they're an advertiser on this web site). Last I checked they were charging something like $75 RT to most WDW resorts ($80 to a couple of MK resorts). You can feel like you're vacationing in the lap of luxury AND save money over a rental car. My understanding is the driver meets you at the baggage claim, helps you with your luggage, takes you directly to your resort, then picks you up in time to make your return flight. WDW transportation will get you everywhere you need to go on property, as long as you allow the necessary time.

For less money you can also go with Mears, but we weren't impressed when we used them. We were left waiting on the curb at the airport for quite a while because no one else was going to the WL and the dispatcher seemed to be waiting for others to make it "worth their while." When I expressed my impatience he put us on a shuttle, but we had to stop at three or four other resorts before being dropped off at the WL. Nice tour, but I wanted to start my vacation, not ride on a shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter