Luggage/Grocery Transfer?? - Split Stay

MrsBooch

DIS Veteran
Let me preface by saying I have never done a split stay before so this is all new territory for me.

I understand that they are still doing luggage transfers from your starting resort to your next resort.

We will be starting in Wilderness Lodge, and getting a grocery delivery, then after four days we are moving to Riviera.
So I know they'll move the luggage but...will they also move the groceries? I'm not planning on having them just sitting around....I'd have them bagged up. Is this even a thing? I would have to think yes? but i dont know.

Also - when luggage (and hopefully also groceries) are transferred - do they get sent to Bell Services and then when we get to the new resort we just picked it up? Or do they get sent to our room? Or when we get to the room we call down and get them sent up?
I'm sorry guys - I've read a lot of posts but not at this detail level - I'm starting to freak out that I'll have to pack the extra milk and coffee creamer in my luggage surrounded by ice packs to get it over to the next resort.

GUESS WHAT Someone answered my question already and I don't know how to delete threads....

so for the record - if anyone searches this going forward:

Yes, Bell Services will transfer your refrigerated and frozen items. Just pack refrigerated and frozen items separately and label them so Bell Services knows what to do with them. They have refrigerators and freezers they will use to store things before and after the transfer.

Steve

THANK YOU STEVE!

When you get to your room, call Bell Services and they will deliver. Make sure you tip them since they are a non-tipped position. Or you should be able to pick all the stuff up from Bell Services and save the tip.

When you get to your room, call Bell Services and they will deliver. Make sure you tip them since they are a non-tipped position. Or you should be able to pick all the stuff up from Bell Services and save the tip.

excellent! We are more than happy to tip - especially now - making the tip envelopes is one of our fun pre trip activities.

Thank you for posting this! My husband and I were just talking about our split stay at AoA to SSR and wondering if they still moved luggage/refigerated items to the new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter