Luggage Storage Question

Catvondita

A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World
Hi there!

So we will be going on our first Disney Cruise for our honeymoon but we were delayed in getting the flights and it looks like they are getting expensive. We found one of our cheapest options is to get a later flight returning home but the ship returns earlier in the day. Since we love Universal and we have some time to kill I was wondering if a Universal hotel would allow us to drop our bags off while we hang around City Walk? We don't mind having to pay a small fee.

Thanks!

well I know resort guests can get luggage stored for free at the hotels -we did this on our April trip when our room wasn't ready yet, and again at check out when we had a later flight. They only asked how many pieces and our name, not a room number. so you might be able to pretend you're a guest to store your luggage (shame on me for devious thoughts LOL) or....Have you considered maybe even booking 1 night at CB so you could enjoy more of being there?

Please.......
We do not need any suggestions on how to scam onsite UO hotels to store non registered guests belongings

On another thread I just mentioned that I never leave bags in the car, but this is one time I do. Rental car from port to Uni, and I make sure to get a car with a trunk, and I leave bags in it.

well I know resort guests can get luggage stored for free at the hotels -we did this on our April trip when our room wasn't ready yet, and again at check out when we had a later flight. They only asked how many pieces and our name, not a room number. so you might be able to pretend you're a guest to store your luggage (shame on me for devious thoughts LOL) or....Have you considered maybe even booking 1 night at CB so you could enjoy more of being there?

I would love to stay an extra night but we don't make much and we can't afford to take another day off of work :( I've left luggage with the bag service before when I stayed at Sapphire Falls but I can't remember if they asked for a room number or key. Either way I'll probably end up just calling and see if its okay even if I'm not a guest this trip.

I agree with the suggestion of a rental car for the day, not only to solve your luggage dilemma but also for your transportation. If renting a car is out of the question, you may be able to work something out with a private car transfer (like Tony Hinds) where they pick you up from port, hold your luggage, and then pick you up from City Walk later to go to the airport. I suspect most car transfers would be willing to do that for you for a nominal fee.

I agree with the suggestion of a rental car for the day, not only to solve your luggage dilemma but also for your transportation. If renting a car is out of the question, you may be able to work something out with a private car transfer (like Tony Hinds) where they pick you up from port, hold your luggage, and then pick you up from City Walk later to go to the airport. I suspect most car transfers would be willing to do that for you for a nominal fee.

Not sure if we would be willing to do the rental car since its only for a few hours that we would have it. The prices I'm seeing are around $40+ for rental cars. The car transfer is something we may look into a bit but our ideal situation would be just dropping it off at Sapphire Falls or somewhere.

The car transfer is something we may look into a bit but our ideal situation would be just dropping it off at Sapphire Falls or somewhere.

It's worth looking into because it would save you from the extra stop at a resort, where they may or may not be agreeable to holding your luggage as a non-guest. It would also solve any transportation issues going from port to Universal and Universal to airport. You could always bring a backpack into City Walk with any items you may need until you're picked up again. City Walk has lockers for rent (for a cost) if you didn't want to carry it around.

So for anyone following along; I finally called Universal (specifically Sapphire Falls) and they told me that they cannot take luggage from non hotel guests. But they transferred me to guest services and they told me that if I go to city walk to guest services they can hold on to my luggage. So I don't have to deal with lockers or anything they'll just hold on to everything free of charge. The only thing I have to figure out is the best way to take my luggage through security to City Walk :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter