Luggage transfer service from WDW to Port Canaveral

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have experience with using the luggage only transfer service from WDW to the port? According to DCL embarkation services, it costs $25 for them to transport up to 6 pieces of luggage from a WDW resort to the port.

We are thinking it might be worth $25 to use this service but first I did want to see whether anyone has had any issues with it, like lost luggage, etc.

TIA

I've never used this service, but I wouldn't hesitate if I was doing a pre-cruise stay at a WDW resort and for some reason didn't want to deal with the bags myself. We usually either have a rental car or use MDE to the port. For us, in either case, our bags have traveled with us. One time, we used a limo service from MCO to the port and trunk space was a bit tight for the three of us, so certainly wouldn't have held 6 bags, but I'm guessing they would have sent a larger car/van if we had a larger group. Any time I have used Disney transport, they've handled the bags flawlessly, so I wouldn't expect this would be any different.

I would be interested in this if I was doing the one way rental car.

Where is this information found?

It's not advertised. I saw it on an old post here and then googled Disney Embarkation Services and found their number which is 800-395-9374. Their hours are 7:00 AM-8:00 PM (EST). You can call up to 48 hours ahead to schedule the luggage transfer. They will check their schedule to make sure they have more than one pick up at the resort. I was especially interested because we took a one-way rental from OKW to the port. We did not want to have to separate and have DH drop us off and then return the rental and try to meet up with us.

I used them over a week ago and it worked flawlessly. I called on a Thursday and they said they will service OKW. On Saturday, we left our bags with the DCL tags in our room and checked out. They work with the resort's bell services and scheduled to pick up our bags between 8 AM to 10 AM. I stopped by bell services and the CM said he just called for someone to pick them up. We drove to the port in a one-way rental and our party of 3 was able to easily take the shuttle to the port altogether since we didn't have luggage to worry about.

When I checked our onboard account on the TV under guest services, I saw the $25 luggage transfer was already charged. Our bags showed up after muster drill.

Hope this helps.

It's not advertised. I saw it on an old post here and then googled Disney Embarkation Services and found their number which is 800-395-9374. Their hours are 7:00 AM-8:00 PM (EST). You can call up to 48 hours ahead to schedule the luggage transfer. They will check their schedule to make sure they have more than one pick up at the resort. I was especially interested because we took a one-way rental from OKW to the port. We did not want to have to separate and have DH drop us off and then return the rental and try to meet up with us.

I used them over a week ago and it worked flawlessly. I called on a Thursday and they said they will service OKW. On Saturday, we left our bags with the DCL tags in our room and checked out. They work with the resort's bell services and scheduled to pick up our bags between 8 AM to 10 AM. I stopped by bell services and the CM said he just called for someone to pick them up. We drove to the port in a one-way rental and our party of 3 was able to easily take the shuttle to the port altogether since we didn't have luggage to worry about.

When I checked our onboard account on the TV under guest services, I saw the $25 luggage transfer was already charged. Our bags showed up after muster drill.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for this followup. This sounds like a great alternative for some of our cruises.

We have been able to send all our luggage with only one person taking DCL transportation. I was told as long as we were all in the same WDW room/villa there was no extra charge.

Thanks again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the follow up. Was the $25 charge per bag? Using this service (assuming it's not too expensive) will not only allow us to travel to the port together (no drop off like you said), it will also allow us to rent a smaller vehicle for the one-way to the port, which will help lower the overall cost.

LAX

Thanks for the follow up. Was the $25 charge per bag? Using this service (assuming it's not too expensive) will not only allow us to travel to the port together (no drop off like you said), it will also allow us to rent a smaller vehicle for the one-way to the port, which will help lower the overall cost.

LAX

It's $25 for up to six bags. Very reasonable.

This is a great idea. Sometimes when renting a car, you have to get a bigger car or even a mini-van just to account for the extra luggage. That difference often costs more than $25. That way, you could keep your carry-on bags with you in the rental car, but send all of the checked bags along to the ship. Less hassle at the rental agency when catching their shuttle too!

Has anyone used this recently. We are considering it also since we are doing one way rental. We are a little nervous about separating from our luggage. We are staying at the Bwv prior to our feb cruise.

Has anyone used this recently. We are considering it also since we are doing one way rental. We are a little nervous about separating from our luggage. We are staying at the Bwv prior to our feb cruise.

Please report your experience here if you ended up using the service. I am getting a bit nervous for our upcoming cruise in the summer as well.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter