Luggage weight info

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
There was recently a post on overweight luggage where it was suggested that you just tip the skycap. While I think that will work in most cases, I just found this on a trip report at www.mouseplanet.com

"We arrived at Baltimore - Washington International Airport (BWI). The curbside baggage claim worker, Charles, lifted our suitcase and questioned our bags. I had just bought these suitcases off the Internet. They were huge but within the size limitations. However, the baggage handler said that the one weighed over 70 lbs, which would cost extra. We followed him helplessly through the maze of Southwest until we came to an empty scale. The bags weighed in at 66 and 61 pounds. I think he felt bad for singling us out so he rushed us through and got our boarding passes for us and made sure we knew where we were going. This was great because the line was really long and looked to be slow moving. David gave Charles a tip. He really was helpful.

Note: I thought I was doing a good thing by cramming all of our stuff into two huge bags for all four of us. The bags are very nice and convenient but if they had been overweight we would have had to pay $45 for each bag each way. Even though we would be allowed 12 bags for the four of us and we only had two. "

Just a thought!

Check your luggage size also. Many carriers are limiting size to 62 inches (L + W + D). If you bring on a large piece, it may be challenged. I have 1 bag that measures exactly 61 inches. When I use it for long trips, I drop a tape measure in my briefcase -- just in case some airline agent decides to challenge the size.

Also, some airlines will let each passenger check only 2 bags; the third one may cost extra $.

Not very customer-oriented.

Also, some airlines will let each passenger check only 2 bags; the third one may cost extra $.

We experienced just that on our trips to Jamaica. I could either carry it on (UGH) or pay. We carried it on. LOL.

I only have heard of Delta doing that domestically, who else does it?

American has a two bag limit per thier web site.

I travel a lot for business and almost all of the airlines have changed the rules about luggage. You are allowed two, each extra one depending on the airline is $80. If it is overweight it is an additional $80. This is for each segment that you fly. It worked out to be cheaper for me to ship what I needed because my cases are oversize and I carry an additional one.

Trust me the airlines are looking for those large suitcases and additional ones. That brings in extra revenue and tipping usually doesn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter