Luke Family - Day 3 - Sea World

whalewatcher

Travel Buff
Day 3 - Friday, May 10

We filled out the room service card for breakfast and it arrived right on time. Kids had pancakes again. DH had eggs benedict and I had $7.50 oatmeal. Ok, the prices are outrageous but the convenience is great, especially since we were catching the 8:55 am shuttle to Sea World.

Shuttle to SW was a piece of cake from HRH. Took about 10 min. Entered park and looked at turtles and fed the stringrays. Food was $4 for a few pieces. We were all thrilled with this activity. Watch out for the birds that will swoop down and yank the food right out of your hand.

Walked over and saw the 10:00 dolphin show. We wisely decided to sit in the shade. Show was very cute but kids started getting restless and their blood sugar crashed (we vowed no pancakes tomorrow!).

DH rode Kraken while we went over and fed the dolphins. Got there just in time b/c feeding is not continuous as is with stingrays. Again, $4 for a few sardines but it's sooo worth it. You get so close to the dolphins.

Very hot at this point and no water squirting out everywhere like at US/IOA. Ducked into the penguin exhibit to avoid the heat. Very welldone.

J1, for some reason, wanted to do the rock climbing. Never tried it before. He is only 35 lbs and minimum weight is 40 lbs. Oh well! Anyway, DH and J1 started climbing up in blazing direct sunlight while I snapped pictures. J1 was so light he could just hang on the line. He got about 1/3 up and freaked out that he was too high and started crying. What a trooper for trying!

We decided to grab a quick lunch before the 12:15 sea lion show. We ate at the Waterfront Sandwich Grill. The line was long with school groups and we had to practically inhale our food. However, the food was good. DH had cheeseburger deluxe; I had carved turkey sandwich; kids had Shamu happy meal (chicken fingers).

So we rush to the sea lion show and it's sold out! 12:15 was the last show of the day. Can ya believe it?

Terrors of the Deep and Shamu Close-Up were both closed for construction of the new restaurants going up there. We headed on to the Clydesdale Hamlet. I have never seen such immaculate horse stalls in my life. We were able to wait in a short line and pet a horse and take pictures with him/her as well.

Stopped by A-B Hospitality Center for our free beer. They serve lunch there as well which is probably a great choice b/c it wasn't nearly as crowded as the other food places. We were doing fine despite the heat but after drinking the beer, DH and I both crashed. I don't know how people walk around IOA all day drinking beer and going on rides??

Went to 1:15 Shamu Show. Really, really enjoyed it.

Took kids to Shamu's Happy Harbor. They could have spent all day here. Only complaint is everyone goes here in the afternoon and only 1 food/drink kiosk in this section. Naturally only 1 person working inside. This must have been our hottest day in Orlando b/c by 3:30 we gave up and took a taxi back to the hotel.

J2 and I crashed in the room. DH and J1 went back to US for, you guessed it, more MIB. (I forgot to mention in Day 2 that we went back to US after the pool for more MIB. Starting to form a pattern here.)

Ate dinner at the Beach Club, again. Watched a little of the dive-in movie (Mrs. Doubtfire). It was funny to see people floating on rafts watching a movie.

Kids and I crashed immediately at the room. DH said he was up until 1:30 am watching drunken people hanging around the water taxis.

Thanks for taking the time to report. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Thank you for your time and sharing your trip.

It sounds like your whole family has had a wonderful time right from the start! It doesn't get any better than that!

PDG

LOL--your DH sounds like mine! How did you like the HRH? Were the rooms nice? Would you recommend it? Would appreciate any details you can think of. Enjoying your reports....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter