Lynx Buses

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used these to get to Disney? Did you have any problems? I'm staying off site August 21-September 1, 2021 and my plan is to use the bus to get to Disney (they go to the TTC and I'll take the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot from there and walk to the Poly to get buses to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom).

Not sure there would be any problems. Lynx is no different than a city/county bus system in your home town (assuming your home town has a city/county bus system)

Several years back I helped a woman figure out how to use Lynx to get from her hotel to the Disney parks. She was on a tight budget. Afterwards she reported no issues

One thing is to check their website about method of payment/exact change type requirements, etc.

I have seen people denied access to the monorail with luggage. I can't imagine that they are going to be happy with 10 people boarding, with luggage. If it were me, I would keep my swimsuits, and anything needed for the day, in a small tote bag. Then take the monorail over.
But, you can give it a try. Just don't be surprised if you're denied access.
There isn't supposed to be any luggage allowed on Disney transportation....other than DME.

Above quote in from an older thread:
Luggage allowed in monorail?

If your just one person with a small carry-on, WDW Transportation may allow you to board but YMMV.

This may be a convoluted method...but you can take Lynx to Disney Springs and, from there, take a Disney bus to any resort (there is very limited bus service from Disney Springs directly to the parks) and use resort transportation to get to a Park.

There's actually no bus (or an transportation) service from Disney Springs to any park, and hasn't been for many years.
You are correct- There is limited bus service TO Disney Springs FROM the Parks, after 4:00 if one wants to access Lynx service from Disney Springs. But no service from DS to any of the parks.

You are correct- There is limited bus service TO Disney Springs FROM the Parks, after 4:00 if one wants to access Lynx service from Disney Springs. But no service from DS to any of the parks.
I believe someone had posted that the park-to-DS buses were not running since the reopening. Of course, no one knows what the situation will be a year from now.

Also, bus service from DS to the resorts may be limited in the morning, meaning service to some resorts but not all.

Much safer to stay on Lynx to TTC and walk or monorail to Poly.

As someone that uses the Lynx system regularly the only thing I'd be worried about is making sure your hotel is near a stop for either the 50 or 56 bus routes. Those are the only two that access Disney more than once a day. You could stay elsewhere and make multiple transfers, but that ends up turning a 15 minute drive into a 3 hour bus trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter