(Made a huge mistake) Outside hotel question?

adanpry

Earning My Ears
I think I just made a hugh mistake.

I needed to add one more night to my trip(friday) and wanted the onsite hotels but discount rate wasn't available, so I used priceline and they gave me Hilton In The Walt Disney World Resort .

How far is it from the Universal and how is the quality of lodging themself? TIA~

The Hilton is right near Downtown Disney - at least 20 minutes from Universal depending on traffic. I haven't stayed there, but I have read that it is okay.

Was the hotel listed as being in the Universal/SeaWorld area? If it was call Priceline and tell them what has happened.

I have put the universal area as my request, but still, they won't help me. Nor did I use Americanexpress card to help me dispute(or get credit). I used Master card and they don't seem to be very afficient in dealing with Priceline.

I hope I didn't ruin my vacation...:rolleyes: 20 mins is quite a drive from Universal. I don't think I'll ever play with Priceline ever again. Too many uncertainties for my liking. Very embarassing...

I can't believe that you put in the Universal/Seaworld area ONLY and you got the Hilton! That's not right and you should fight to make a correctuion. Did you use Biddingfortravel?
How much did you end up paying? If Priceline will not help, then maybe you don't have too much to loose and you can book a room in the area you need.

Hummm...well, they gave me for 73.88 and to tell you the truth, I'll be glad to give up on that reservation and make another one at Comfort suite right infront of Universal at this point.

Alas... my Dh won't just dump $70 mistake and he said we'll just tough it out on one night. BTW, I didn't use bidding4.com, another homework that I skiped before I made my mistake. I tell ya, I won't live down this incident for a long while in my house.:o

It doesn't sound like it is your mistake. Go to betterbidding.com and see if anyone has any suggestions as to what you can do. That is not right if Priceline is putting hotels in the wrong districts.

However, saying all that, your vacation certainly won't be ruined. I've heard Disney is a lovely place.:p

If you stay at the Hilton, it isn't that difficult to get to Universal. As you leave the Downtown Disney area, turn left (north) on CR 535 ( Apopka-Vineland). Stay on Apopka-Vineland til you get to Sand Lake Road. Turn right and go down to Turkey Lake Rd. Turn left and this will take you to the back side of Universal. I would say it is between 10-15 minutes and you avoid all I4 traffic.

I've heard Disney is a lovely place.
quoted from damo---

You made me laugh, spoken like true Universal fan!!! ;) Thanks

As for Priceline, they are very hard to get a hold of and I'm leaving very very soon, so it will be tough to ge this straitened out and even with my e-mails, if I don't show up at the hotel on Friday, they'll charge me. Right now, my time is very tight and that is the problem and it is Sunday too.

The DTD Hilton is in the Disney zone. The Universal-Sea World zone WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN YOU that hotel. How many bids/rebids did you make. Are you 100% sure you didn't check the wrong zone?

It was my very first bid for the Universal hotel and it was excepted, I did hear that it wasn't the first time it happened, one lady said that her zone in NY was messed up and she got the wrong area hotel. I've been trying to call the priceline since this morning, but I can never get to the CS.

I can never claim I am perfect, but I know I only checked one area(Universal/ sea world). It's not the end of the world and if you say I did clicked the wrong area, I can't prove it to you that I didn't.

I've only used Hotwire but I know that there are already areas checked off for you when you go into the locations page and you need to uncheck them. Maybe that is what happened.

PL will (sometimes) let you out of your bid with a $25/night penalty IF you get them on the phone and convince them you made a mistake. You might try to convince them that PL made the mistake.

Did you print any of the screens? What zone did PL say your winning hotel was in.

If it's as easy to get there as RescueRanger says, I would keep the reservation. I think the Hilton is a 4*, I'm sure it will be nice.

I'm going to try those directions when we leave Universal to go to Disney - I hate the I4 traffic.

The Hilton is a very nice resort. It's not close to Universal, but you will get the best of both worlds. It's across the street from Downtown Disney.

Don't fret! You should be fine!

Originally posted by Letsbgoofy
If it's as easy to get there as RescueRanger says, I would keep the reservation. I think the Hilton is a 4*, I'm sure it will be nice.

I'm going to try those directions when we leave Universal to go to Disney - I hate the I4 traffic.

Hollywood Way in Universal runs into Turkey Lake Rd. If you go right by RPR on Hollywood Way, take a left on Turkey Lake RD. You will then take a right on Sand Lake Rd and then a left on Apopka-Vineland which will take you to the Disney entrance just past the Doubletree Club Hotel. I would say that it is around 5 miles on Apopka-Vineland to the Disney entrance after you turn off of Sand Lake Rd. This is just an estimate. I have never actually checked the mileage. HTH.

If you do decide to give up the reservation...I have heard you can donate the room to Make A Wish or Give Kids the World or something like that. You could then use it as a write off and maybe your Husband won't mind it so much.
It really only means you have to wake up about 20 mins. earlier. Just think of all the breakfast options you will have on your way to the parks!
Still, I would fight with PriceLine and tell them about the travel message boards you are a part of on the internet and that you will post you positive or negative experiences on. Good Luck.

Thanks, guys~ I just came home a half an hour ago and didn't realize there was more posts. Thanks all for great feedbacks on how to deal with my unfortunate luck. We had a blast at Universal and 20 min. extra driving didn't really faze us (thank the Lord!).

Thanks to RR's Orlando direction, we save the time too. Hilton was nothing to write home about but it wasn't that horrific and it was only for one night. We saw a lot of priceline customers checking in and we had to contend with construction sound and sight but, hey, we didn't have to stay long.

I tell you, I want to go back right now!!!! 1/2 price Restaurant GCs came soooooo handy and FOTL ROCKS!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter