Made an error with a dining reservation....ugh!!!!

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
I accidentally made the wrong reservations online for Ohana and hit the wrong number of people dining for our May dining reservations.... we are 4 people and I reserved for 3. I called member services and was told they cannot change it and noting is available until later in the evening. I am not sure why it can't be changed since we would be sitting at a table for 4 if we where 3 people but so be it that what they said. Is there anything else that I can do? Is it even conceivable that we would get seats if we showed up with 4 people instead of 3, keep changing the reservation page daily or should I just book elsewhere at this point?

It was going to be a first time dining experience for my sons fiancée and she was excited to be going. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Have you tried calling Disney dining reservations at (407) 939-3463. they are not member services but they are the ones who can change your reservation.

They won't be able to change it if there is no availability for a party of 4.

Ohana actually has some tables for 3, so you can't count on being assigned a table for 4.

It's conceivable that you would be able to get your 4th person in, but not guaranteed. The best you can do is to continue trying to find availability for 4.

They won't be able to change it if there is no availability for a party of 4.

Ohana actually has some tables for 3, so you can't count on being assigned a table for 4.

You might be right, but whats the worst thing that could happen, that they say "sorry we can't" ? or that they actually help you out.

If there's no availability, they won't be able to change it any more than DVC could. They're using the same system to look for tables.

the OP could also try to book a separate reservation for 2 (probably won't be able to get one for 1) at about the same time and try to merge them at check-in, which would also not be guaranteed.

I would show up with 4. Worst case scenario you will have to squeeze 4 on a 3 top. They will be happy to have the additional diner at +$50 (plus drinks).

Keep watching the reservations. Especially the weeks leading up to your reservation. People cancel all the time. You should be able to get your 4th in.

But have a back-up plan.

I would call Disney Dining. When I have had to add someone, it frequently says there is no more availability. But then they say, "Let me try 5 minutes later." So I am trying for 6PM they try 6:05PM. And a reservation magically appears. Disney Dining knows has to do this. I have had Member Services do this for me too.
My 85 year old mom decided to come with us last Christmas at about one month out. So I had to change every reservation. Member Services made it happen.

Change it if you can, just show up it you can't. It's a dining reservation, not a big deal. I am always amazed when you see all of the empty tables and the podium tells you that they are full and the table stay empty while you eat your dinner.

:earsboy: Bill

I would show up with 4. Worst case scenario you will have to squeeze 4 on a 3 top. They will be happy to have the additional diner at +$50 (plus drinks).
No, the worst case scenario is that they turn the fourth person away. So you get to stand there and decide which one doesn’t get a seat. Or you decide to all walk away and pay the $30 no-show fee.

The tables are way to close together to squeeze four at a three-top.

How about trying for ONE? You may be able to get an ADR for one person alone close or at the same time. At least that would be your 4 total. Then keep trying to change it around.
If you show up with 4, I'm pretty sure they will seat you in an ADR for 3. Disney generally bends over backwards to help a guest out. It's not like you're trying to add 4 more people.
Good luck!

I have seen extra people turned away at Ohana so that should be the very last option for the OP and they should have a backup plan. No one can say they are "sure" that OP will be seated with the extra person. That does not always happen. Plan for the worst.

I would do everything people are suggesting here but would also set up a free dining reservation search through www.touringplans.com. They have helped us get reservations in the past. Keep checking on your own though and keep an eye out for the ADR cancellation page for the month of your visit here on the DIS. Those 3 combined will give you the best chance at getting the reservation you need.

I agree with others to keep trying, we checked at least daily prior to our last trip and got everything we wanted. Also, we have noticed that we see a lot of reservations open the day before, I assume because of the cancellation policy. Just be dilegent and I feel strongly you will get it.
Enjoy!

Pretty much every week, someone posts on this forum that they made all their ADRs for less than their correct party size. It ranges from didn't know they had to count their baby or toddler to accidently booked for the wrong number. That is a lot of ADRs that are undercounted. People tell them to just show up with the extra guests as Disney will be happy to take their money. Popular restaurants like 'Ohana are already booked to capacity & diners always have to wait to be seated. Now imagine if many of those diners also show up with extra guests & Disney seats them all. So Disney has to find a larger table than the one the guest would have been seated at; wait to put 2 tables together etc. The next party who would have had that larger table must wait to be seated. Imagine the delays as things snowball. People will be on here complaining about how long they waited to be seated. Disney can & has turned extra guests away.

I think the best thing to do is look for an ADR for 4, especially at one of the most popular restaurants on site.

Last edited:
I accidentally made the wrong reservations online for Ohana and hit the wrong number of people dining for our May dining reservations.... we are 4 people and I reserved for 3. I called member services and was told they cannot change it and noting is available until later in the evening. I am not sure why it can't be changed since we would be sitting at a table for 4 if we where 3 people but so be it that what they said. Is there anything else that I can do? Is it even conceivable that we would get seats if we showed up with 4 people instead of 3, keep changing the reservation page daily or should I just book elsewhere at this point?

It was going to be a first time dining experience for my sons fiancée and she was excited to be going. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

The reason the probably cannot change it to squeeze in another person is they are probably at capacity due to fire marshal ordinances. They only have certain amount of people that are allowed to be in the restaurant at one time. That is the reason that they count babies on reservations even though they aren't eating.

I have not always been seated with extra guests. On some instances, either the extra guests had to go on their way, or they would accept the extra guest(s) only if we agreed to split the party and sit at different tables. so I can't say that the extra person(s) will always be admitted without complications.

Worst case, you can check the Dining Reservations on MDE two days before, the day before, and even the day of. People holding reservations will get an email from Disney saying they will be charged if they do not cancel by midnight the night before, and this frees up a lot of tables. I've been able to get into Be Our Guest this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!