Made in Hawaii Festival 8-18 to 8-20

Midoria

Mouseketeer
In case anyone is currently on Oahu right now or will be here before Sunday, the Made in Hawaii Festival in Honolulu starts on Friday, 8/18. If you want an authentic Hawaii experience, this is definitely your chance. It's utterly massive - hundreds of vendors (yes hundreds) selling everything you can imagine plus free entertainment and demonstrations. It's an easy way to support the local economy while also getting items actually made here instead of overseas.

Tip: Go on the first day if you can. This is the type of event that locals take off work for in order to have the first pick of the merchandise. My co-workers and I are taking a 2-hour lunch on the first day.
If you have any energy left, it's a short walk from Chinatown, the Kamehameha Statue for a good photo op, and Iolani Palace.

As you can tell, I love this festival! I hope someone here will get to go.

Sounds interesting. Wish we were there.

Thanks for the tip. I let my relatives know about it; they're in Aulani right now.
Cool. Hopefully they'll be able to make it. I had a one day business trip to Maui today, and some shops were already closing to make their way to Oahu this weekend. I've also been getting multiple mailers from different local businesses reminding me to stop by and shop with them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter