Magic band Upgrades

I have 25 days before I have to have my magic bands picked. Trying to patiently wait for them to put some of the option back on! I don't know what Disney was thinking? Did they think no one was going to pay the upgrade?

So our trip isnt until Oct but I was on the site the very day they became available. I chose the upgraded bands of our choice and there were many to choose from. We made our selections for the family but i waited on mine. I checked about 5 days later and they were gone. There were only a few being offered at that point and i chose one of those for myself. The next day that was gone as well. Ive emailed Disney about when they might return but they have yet to respond.
Has anyone on these boards heard when they might return?

In the UK? We aren't meant to have them in the post they are meant to be shipped to the hotel so this might be why they haven't had theirs yet. Surprised that they've shipped assuming you are in the UK (this is on the UK forum so assumed you are). Congrats! I was going to get that one but then the figment one appeared and I was glad I hadn't bothered ordering yet.

Ordered ours,some not available, selected others picked up at check in desk Boardwalk 13th July just back August 5th

is it possible to lock in 1 or 2 at a time? or do you have to do it for the whole party at the same time?

is it possible to lock in 1 or 2 at a time? or do you have to do it for the whole party at the same time?
Pretty sure you have to do the whole party ☹️. We don’t go till January but would really like to order the premium bands. Have spent so much time the last 2 weeks trying to order though and if I manage to get all 5 we want, when I get to check out it says one or more out of stock! The system is terrible!

I wasn't sure where to post my question but decided to go with the UK forum since I am based in Europe. Whenever I tried to upgrade my magic bands in the last weeks I had to change the country settings to US as I would get an error message when I clicked on "edit order" using the UK or EU settings of the website. It always said "unfortunately the page you are looking for is unavailable, please check URL". Since yesterday I get redirected from the US to the EU website which means I cannot access the page where I choose the magic bands anymore. Does anyone know what to do? I really wanted to upgrade my band but now it looks like I will get a grey band and grey isn't really my color :p

I think the UK\EU magicband part of the WDW site is down - it hasn't worked for me in the last 24hrs.

Thanks for the answer. Keep me updated if it starts working for you again..as I still can't access it...and am wondering if I should call... :o

Have been on the phone for 75mins so far with disney trying to fix, including giving us a new reservation.....didn't work!
Thanks for your feedback! Did they finally solve the problem or suggest what they will do about it? I can't call before Sunday as I'll have to attend a conference tomorrow...Even if it sounds a bit silly...I must say I was really looking forward to an upgraded magic band :angel:

I am having the same problem in the UK as well. I spent a long time on the phone, in the end I was told I needed to phone DVC as I have two DVC reservations and get the wreck it Ralph page telling me page is unavailable and to check the URL. This evening I phoned DVC, even more strange, she was able to log in to my Disney experience and get onto the magic bands and when she contacted the IT people they also could get in to my account and make it work. They are unable to order upgraded bands for me but could do the standard colour order for me. However that’s not what I want, there are 7 of us and everyone wants to have a choice, I can’t even see what’s available at the moment.

I also think it has something to do with my devices not going into disneyworld.disney.go.com to order the bands, it keeps going to Disney.co.uk.

Please let me know if anyone gets anywhere with this as from my experience Disney doesn’t appear to know about the problem or how to rectify it?

I have also had problems allocating friends and family to room reservations, changing dining reservations, every time I have had to phone for someone to do it for me. Never had so much trouble with my Disney experience, I wonder if it’s all linked. I hope everything is working properly by the time I need to do fast passes!!!

Thanks for your feedback! Did they finally solve the problem or suggest what they will do about it? I can't call before Sunday as I'll have to attend a conference tomorrow...Even if it sounds a bit silly...I must say I was really looking forward to an upgraded magic band :angel:
After two hours on the phone it wasn't fixed with thier IT section talking with the Uk team. It has now been referred to thier digital team and am now am awaiting a fix from thier Digital Team. There seems to be lots of UK folk having the same issue but most are fixed easily. I tried the Disney chat first time but that was closed due to volume of on line requests! It feels like they have changed how the UK site and US talk to each other. Good luck

I am having the same problem in the UK as well. I spent a long time on the phone, in the end I was told I needed to phone DVC as I have two DVC reservations and get the wreck it Ralph page telling me page is unavailable and to check the URL. This evening I phoned DVC, even more strange, she was able to log in to my Disney experience and get onto the magic bands and when she contacted the IT people they also could get in to my account and make it work. They are unable to order upgraded bands for me but could do the standard colour order for me. However that’s not what I want, there are 7 of us and everyone wants to have a choice, I can’t even see what’s available at the moment.

I also think it has something to do with my devices not going into disneyworld.disney.go.com to order the bands, it keeps going to Disney.co.uk.

Please let me know if anyone gets anywhere with this as from my experience Disney doesn’t appear to know about the problem or how to rectify it?
Thanks for sharing your experience. As I said I used to change the country setting to US and was able to have a look at magic bands. Since I get redirected to the EU/UK site all I get is the wreck it Ralph :crazy2: I am really surprised they didn't find a solution for you and your family. Getting a regular magic band is not a solution... in my humble opinion:o

After two hours on the phone it wasn't fixed with thier IT section talking with the Uk team. It has now been referred to thier digital team and am now am awaiting a fix from thier Digital Team. There seems to be lots of UK folk having the same issue but most are fixed easily. I tried the Disney chat first time but that was closed due to volume of on line requests! It feels like they have changed how the UK site and US talk to each other. Good luck

Oh dear, two hours!! That is insane. I hope their digital team was able solve the issue for your family? Maybe I just send them an email and ask them to solve the problem without me being on the phone ;) Just kidding. I will definitely call tomorrow and see if they can do anything about it.

I am waiting to hear from them but not holding my breath tbh. Same as reported here, the CM were able to access it ok from thier end. They sent me a separate link, that didn't work. Changed reservation number to a new one, didn't work. I tried three different browers, no good. Down loaded Chrome, didnlt work. They asked me to change the .co.uk to .com, didnlt work....see a pattern lol. Thing is it has been fie for the last monhts as keep checking for different magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!