Magic band + worth it on the Wish?

Floridian From Afar

Earning My Ears
1st Disney cruise coming up in a month. Going on a 3 night Wish sailing with my wife and 2 boys ages 8 and 5.

Saw that we were now able to buy the new Magic band + for the sailing. Reviews I found online seemed mixed in their opinions, but overall seemed like it wasn't really worth the added cost.
I don't think I would buy everyone a band, but does having at least 1 add anything worthwhile to the trip, or make anything easier? Or is this an easy skip and use the money elsewhere?

Thanks

I was not a fan of MB+ on the Wish, but I also don't like them in the parks--I don't like that they're heavier and need to be charged, and the lighting up/vibrating etc. just doesn't seem worth it to me. My son (9) also found his uncomfortable to leave on after visiting the kid's club, which was not a problem with the regular kids club band.

I think it's worth a try if you already have MB+ from another trip (as we did), but I personally wouldn't purchase one, or at least more than one!

I think it is an improvement over the keycards. I liked that you are able to keep the band on all day even when swimming, showering, changing outfits for dinner etc—when we had lanyards with keycards my husband and kids would always take them off in and forget them in the stateroom or pool chair. And I never liked that eith key cards we’d all take the time dress up as pirates or for formal night or for one of the themed dinners and then in our photos we’d look like we were at a business conference with the lanyards—the photos were much cuter when we just had magic bands. That said, I’m not sure I would buy them just for a cruise. We had them already from a disneyland trip (they are much more useful in the theme parks) so if you are combining disney world and a cruise I would absolutely get them but if just a cruise maybe not as good a value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter