Magic Bands and staying off-site ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I understand you get gray magic bands if you stay at a non-WDW resort.

Could we buy the nice color magic bands 2.0 from the Disney Store website and move the gray
ticket fob oval piece to the nice colorful magic 2.0 bands we buy from the Disney Store?

I think the pink and green magic bands 2.0 bands would look nice with a gray ticket fob oval

What would be your magic band 2.0 color to go with a gray ticket fob oval ?

Thanks for your advice.

yes! you can buy any magic band and get them link to your media pass, I did this at the park because my kids wanted Frozen Bands, after you paid for it the cast member can do the linkup and you can see the new band on your MDE, you can manage your bands from there

Could we buy the nice color magic bands 2.0 from the Disney Store website and move the gray
ticket fob oval piece to the nice colorful magic 2.0 bands we buy from the Disney Store?

I think the pink and green magic bands 2.0 bands would look nice with a gray ticket fob oval

What would be your magic band 2.0 color to go with a gray ticket fob oval ?

Thanks for your advice.

Non-WDW resort? Where are you staying because I don't know of any non-WDW resort that gives you MagicBands.

You don't get any Magic Bands if you aren't staying at a Disney hotel.

You can buy them, but personally I wouldn't spend the money for one. They're kind of useful but not enough to pay $13 each for them.

There are many different magic bands to buy in the shops at WDW - colorful ones, character ones etc. etc. I think you can buy any of them and have a cast member link your tickets to them. I saw several that I really liked and may even buy more than one - a fun souvenir! Have fun choosing - there are so many! :)

Instead of buying the Magic Bands, book a 1-night campsite. This way you can get up to 10 MBs. It will cost less this way. If you book the campsite while you are at WDW, you get 2 days worth of EMH and the 60-day window for FPs.

The only thing I would mention is that unless you stay onsite, you won't get MBs to my knowledge unless you purchase them. They do not give them out to people staying offsite.

If you stay at a non-Disney property you do not get any magic bands for free, you would have to buy them.

If you stay at a Disney property they give you free magic bands but you only get your choice of colors if you make your reservation far enough ahead (30 days I believe), otherwise you only get gray bands at checkin.

If you are not staying on site, what would the Magic bands be good for? Anything other than rides?

If you stay off site, the bands could be used for admission at the turnstiles and for fastpasses.

If you have an annual pass, your band could be scanned at the parking lot entrance to get free parking.

Instead of buying the Magic Bands, book a 1-night campsite. This way you can get up to 10 MBs. It will cost less this way. If you book the campsite while you are at WDW, you get 2 days worth of EMH and the 60-day window for FPs.

The only thing I would mention is that unless you stay onsite, you won't get MBs to my knowledge unless you purchase them. They do not give them out to people staying offsite.
Are you saying to book a campsite but not actually stay there?

Hope this is the right place to pose this question:

Staying offsite with husband while he's at a conference.....then we're moving to the Boardwalk. I'll have a 5 day park hopper which I'll be using for 2 days while I'm offsite and then I'll use the last 3 days while at Boardwalk. I'll have linked my ticket to my Magic Band. I don't suppose I'll be able to have a credit card attached to my Magic Band and use it prior to checking into the Boardwalk?

Thanks in advance, Debbie

Hope this is the right place to pose this question:

Staying offsite with husband while he's at a conference.....then we're moving to the Boardwalk. I'll have a 5 day park hopper which I'll be using for 2 days while I'm offsite and then I'll use the last 3 days while at Boardwalk. I'll have linked my ticket to my Magic Band. I don't suppose I'll be able to have a credit card attached to my Magic Band and use it prior to checking into the Boardwalk?

Thanks in advance, Debbie

No. You're not charging to the magic band. The magic band is simply a tool that gives you the ability to charge to your room DURING YOUR STAY. No room, no charging privileges.

You will be able to use the magic band to enter the parks and for fast pass + for the first 2 days as long as the ticket is linked to it, but that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter