Magic bands not showing

meldobe

Mouseketeer
I booked through Disney uk for our September holiday and I got an email saying I could customise our magic bands but in my disney experience only cards are showing by each of our names not bands, I will give them a call but am wondering if there is a way for me to access it online though.
It's my 180 day mark today :)

I booked through Disney uk for our September holiday and I got an email saying I could customise our magic bands but in my disney experience only cards are showing by each of our names not bands, I will give them a call but am wondering if there is a way for me to access it online though.

you need to order them first.

in Magic Band and Cards, you should see your confirmation number under "your orders", you'll need to click the customise button, enter your uk adress and choose the colors of the magic bands

if you've done that already, please note that Magic Bands won't show next to your names as long as you haven't picked them up at your hotel.

Thanks for your quick reply, when I go into magic bands it comes up with our three names a card with a number underneath and when I click on that number it gives me the option to deactivate the card but that's it, I can't see anything saying "your orders" on that page - sorry it's probably me being stupid.

Have managed to book BOG though so it's not all bad :)

I'm going to try on the PC as I'm on an ipad at the moment so maybe that's why the option is not coming up for me.

No luck, I will call them and hope they can change the KTTW cards to Magic bands so I can customise :)

I think you might be looking in the wrong are of MDE. Click on My Disney Experience in the top right corner and click on MagicBands and Cards, then you should see a screen that says 'Your Orders' and shows how many MagicBands you have. Click on Get Started and you can customise. There is no converting KTTW cards to MagicBands, they are separate entities. The MagicBand is merely a portal to access the information stored on your My Disney Experience account.

a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's how it should look like
(my MBs are showing but those are from previous stays. My upcoming stays are not showing as magicbands, but as orders)

uHufBF.jpg

Thanks guys yep I go to the parts you have highlighted above but it shows nothing that says "your orders" and only shows our names and then a picture of the old room key with a number under it, when I click on that it takes me to a page to deactivate the cards.

Select a MagicBand or Card to Manage Its Status
All your MagicBands and cards can be used interchangeably as long as they're active.

Last edited:
Obviously I've removed the number and the card is next to my name when on that page then the same with my mum and brothers cards below mine.

MagicBands and Cards

Whether you have a MagicBand wristband or touch to enter admission card—or both—you are seamlessly connected to your reservations, park admission and other plans and purchases. Learn more.

All your MagicBands and cards can be used interchangeably as long as they're active.

RetAvatar_180x180_Rex.png

M

f696279c87b2c7d06bd7611d4a40f970-Kttw-Blue.png

####

RetAvatar_180x180_Default_SignedIn.png

L

####

RetAvatar_180x180_Default_SignedIn.png

a

####

Don't See a Purchased MagicBand?If you purchase a MagicBand and don't do in-store set-up, you'll need to link the MagicBand ID Number to your account.Don't See a Resort Reservation MagicBand?If a MagicBand received with a Disney Resort hotel reservation isn't listed, you'll need to link the reservation to your account.

Link
Please visit MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy for information about our privacy and data collection policies and to learn more about RF technology used in MagicBands and RF cards.

MagicBands and Cards

Whether you have a MagicBand wristband or touch to enter admission card—or both—you are seamlessly connected to your reservation park admission and other plans and purchases.

Don't See a Purchased MagicBand?If you purchase a MagicBand and don't do in-store set-up, you'll need to link the MagicBand ID Number to your account.Don't See a Resort Reservation MagicBand?If a MagicBand received with a Disney Resort hotel reservation isn't listed, you'll need to link the reservation to your account.

Please visit for information about our privacy and data collection policies and to learn more about RF technology used in MagicBands and RF cards.

Last edited:
Basically that's how the page looks when I click on my disney experience, then magic bands and cards, I do net get to my orders just a chance to deactivate cards, all reservation are showing and it shows we have 14 day tickets etc.

Last edited:
When I adjusted my holiday dates with Disney a while back, I noticed our customised Magic Bands disappeared and there was no way to re-order them. I emailed Disney and they correct the glitch the next day.

Have tried calling but was on hold for 15mins ( will try to call on a week day when I get a chance) I emailed them but they just said it's not something they can deal with via email and I would have to call :( I'm having problems booking ADRs now too after managing to book BOG it now won't let me book Boma so I will have to call and book that.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Hello im having this exact problem did you manage to get it sorted?

Hi, yes i called them and they were able to do some computer wizardry and when i next logged on to MDE my magic bands were showing and i could customise them :)

Same problem here as well. I see all my old magic bands... I do not see anything about orders. How soon since booking are you able to customize them? I just booked for next summer so I was not sure if it was because it was so far out.

Same problem here as well. I see all my old magic bands... I do not see anything about orders. How soon since booking are you able to customize them? I just booked for next summer so I was not sure if it was because it was so far out.
Same happened to me. It's a dvc points reservation my friend has gifted me but all I can see is my old bands. Any idea what to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!