Magic Bands Upgrade

I haven't seen much of a selection when I have been occasionally checking for the last 4-6 weeks. Lately there have only been 13 choices, prior to that they hadn't had many more. We had a trip the first week of Feb and I waited until the last day I colud to customize, and only saw 2 that I would have ever wanted, and not at the same time.

I also want to add that we are having trouble with our MDE account, getting bands to let us into our room and for the first time ever on this trip getting bands to all read all of our tickets. We spent a long time at GS and GS had to call IT each time before we could enter parks 3 times, and were told that we have too much on our account, including too many MBs. This irritates me on many levels, one of which is they keep coming out with new MBs, making LE MBs, and letting us upgrade to a special MB for a discount, but then can't handle it on our account! This last trip we saw a few MB s that we might have wanted and didn't really consider even buying them, since we figured they're telling us we have to remove MBs from our account as it is, why pay more for any if they can't handle it. I did have them remove all of our old MB1s, but I don't want to have to permanently delete the MB 2s that I chose and either paid for or bought covers for, I want to be able to interchange them based on resort, park, outfit, whim, etc like they advertise!

Can I ask how many you had on there? I currently have 13 and would want to avoid this happening by deleting them prior to my trip in March.

I have searched daily multiple times a day and have yet to see anything new or remotely interesting. I may just opt out all together.

Last year when my MDE crashed IT told me I had too many Friends and Family, too many resort and dining reservations and of course, too many MBs, 15 all limited editions. I suggested Disney should have a system that can accommodate everything they wanted us to use MDE for, like Family and Friends, reservations and MBs.

Last year when my MDE crashed IT told me I had too many Friends and Family, too many resort and dining reservations and of course, too many MBs, 15 all limited editions. I suggested Disney should have a system that can accommodate everything they wanted us to use MDE for, like Family and Friends, reservations and MBs.
I could not agree more! They want us to make reservations, and sell tons of LR and LE MBs, then say you have made too many and need to delete MBs you chose and paid for (and still work) and potentially make a whole new account. Something isn’t adding up here.

They told us once that every ADR, reservation, FP, MB, and any of those that are cancelled or altered makes a data point (not sure what they actually called it) in your account, and that we had way too many. This was 2-3 yrs ago, so we’ve had a ton more since then. We also have 6 people in our immediate family, so that’s 6 MBs per trip, and we did 2 trips that were 3 way splits. So clearly they don’t want us going to Disney and spending as much as we do, right?? I guess we’re the dummies for continuing to do so.

Our trip is in early June and there are options available for wristbands now. I did not look at it closely because we have a family member who does this for us. I believe the prices were in the $10 to $15 range and I remember seeing some geared towards little children, a Star Wars version, characters, etc.

I looked on Saturday and there were a TON of choices for premium Magic Bands (the last month or so there has been maybe 3-5 tops.

I pulled the trigger after looking for months and just seeing the Vampirina and Fancy Nancy ones (which I almost got for my daughter .. but didn't feel it was worth the "pre-arrival exclusive" price.

I got an Elsa one for my daughter and Thanos one for my son (as well as the Galaxy's Edge one ($20 .. ridiculous price (because it is "limited edition" . but I am a Star Wars sucker and am paying it LOL) .. and the Minnie dots one for my wife.

$53 pretty good price for premium Magic Bands WITH names in them .. considering you spend $25-30+ for them in the parks with no names in them.

Anyone else ever have an issue where you are shipped a plain one instead of a premium that you paid for? My confirmation email showed all 4 premium bands correctly, and I was charged for all 4, yet I was only shipped 3 of them and one plain grey. In mde, my son's is showing as the plain grey and not the Darth Vader he wanted.

I called Disney and they are seemingly fixing it, but I don't see the right one in mde yet or have any email or shipping confirmation. So just going to give it a week or two before following up again. Was curious if anyone else had a similar problem and how it was resolved.

Anyone else ever have an issue where you are shipped a plain one instead of a premium that you paid for? My confirmation email showed all 4 premium bands correctly, and I was charged for all 4, yet I was only shipped 3 of them and one plain grey. In mde, my son's is showing as the plain grey and not the Darth Vader he wanted.

I called Disney and they are seemingly fixing it, but I don't see the right one in mde yet or have any email or shipping confirmation. So just going to give it a week or two before following up again. Was curious if anyone else had a similar problem and how it was resolved.
That was happening quite a bit when they first started offering the upgrades last year. It means that the Darth Vader one was actually sold out, but nothing notified you of that. Some people were refunded, others eventually got the right one after contacting Disney.

That was happening quite a bit when they first started offering the upgrades last year. It means that the Darth Vader one was actually sold out, but nothing notified you of that. Some people were refunded, others eventually got the right one after contacting Disney.

That's what I thought too, but the Darth Vader one has been available every day since then too. My brother hasn't ordered his MB for his reservation yet, and every day we check his profile to see what bands are available, Darth Vader is still there.

I received an email from from the rep saying it wasn't available and that they will refund me $10.70, but what doesn't make sense is the email is from shopdisney.com, which as I understood it, was not where the pre-order magic bands come from. They have more stock then what is on MDE, but also missing ones that are on MDE (including the Darth Vader). What I am upset about the most, is that is the band my 5yo chose, because he loves Darth Vader. Now, he will be the only one without a special MB, so now I guess I have to explain that to him.

We haven't had this issue; the premium ones we paid for last trip were the ones we received. Currently have a trip planned for April and I'm curious to see that the MagicBand selection notes they will be available for pickup. Anyone know why the bands aren't being shipped? (I know it's not a time-frame issue; we've planned trips in under 2 weeks and have still received our bands by mail.)

Last year that happened to me (when this first was announced) .. they sent me a $15 off credit to just buy ANY Magic Band from the DisneyShop to make up for it. I never ended up using it as I just wasn't THAT interested in getting a premium band for myself (the kids got theirs, so that was good) .. but was a nice compensation. While it is fun to get the Magic Bands shipped, I am at the point I really don't need any more plain colored ones, and with the limited selection of premium ones, usually not any I want.

I wonder why they just don't give you an option "Don't ship me ANY Magic Bands and instead just give me a $15/band credit or Disney Gift Card"

Just as an update, the original person I talked to emailed me yesterday saying they couldn't get a replacement (email came from shopdisney though, so I believe they tried to see if they had any stock from the store and send me one of those). They issued me a refund, but also told me to call technical support. When I did that, they were able to open up the ordering process for just the one person, so I was able to get into mde and re-order any band I wanted.

I got an upgraded one for $15. It seems like they have a lot of the same ones being offered though from my last 2 trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter