Magic Bands Upgrade

Wow, I guess I've just been really lucky. I was able to get Jack and Sally, Olaf, I am Goofy and Stitch for our last trip, and The fox and hound, castle, Daisy and Spaceship Earth bands for this trip with no problems. I never had to back track or keep checking to find the ones we wanted... (maybe we just didn't want the popular ones lol) I did have to hit up tech support for this trip though. There was an issue with the site that kept me from even getting to my magic band page, no matter how many times I cleared my history/swapped browsers. The tech person said it was an issue with the page itself. After she fixed it, I was able to grab everything I wanted within minutes.

FINALLY get the magic bands I want...get to checkout, put in my card info and SORRY we are unable to complete your request :headache:

This happened to me and I gave up. I refused to go through that nonsense again so I ordered plain bands. I was willing to upgrade for my sister and the girls, however I wasted enough time trying to get ones I wanted for them, so today I bit the bullet, compromised and it was a mess. I think that if Disney wants to offer these upgrades they might want to be sure they are not adding a level of frustration that is totally unnescessary.

I posted earlier that I sent emails to Customer Service and G Kalogridis complaining. The phone call I got the next day was quite obviously the result of the msg to George. Today I finally got a reponse from the Customer (mis)Service Group; they said that I should just kep trying. Seriously? My trip starts Friday. I may have followed up their completely useless and insulting response with a much less pleasant comment/complaint. Why bother responding at all if you provide zero insight or comments of improvement of the situation.
:furious:

Hallelujah! I have been trying to get Captain America for DS6 and Sorcerer Mickey for DS9 since June, although I admit I had stopped checking very often recently, and I just managed to get them to go through. It took 2 tries - the first time said Sorcerer Mickey was out of stock but the second time worked, so i hope we get them. It was the first time since the very beginning of this entire debacle that I caught both together - and that was when I was looking in May for our June trip. This whole thing is such a train wreck.

Oh my gosh...! I actually just completed an order for the Haunted Mansion wallpaper one! I've been waiting and waiting - my cut-off date was November 13th. It seems to have gone through, so I hope it all works out. I am very happy!

Anyone else’s ability to order disappear? I never ordered one from renewing my pass and the option to do so is no longer there.

I seem to have an issue, too. I tried to order Magicbands today, but when I clicked on our link to order it gave me a message that says that I do not have access to this page. I tried the 2 different reservations I have and got the same message. It is weird because I have been able to view the Magicband options using these same links up until today. Our trip is not until January so I should still have lots of time left to order. I guess I will wait until tomorrow and try again.

Last edited:

I seems to have an issue, too. I tried to order Magicbands today, but when I clicked on our link to order it gave me a message that says that I do not have access to this page. I tried the 2 different reservations I have and got the same message. It is weird because I have been able to view the Magicband options using these same links up until today. Our trip is not until January so I should still have lots of time left to order. I guess I will wait until tomorrow and try again.

I had that issue with my resort order. Issue solved by switching to I.E. instead of using Chrome.

Glad I am not the only one having this problem. Thanks for the information. I will try that, but first I am going to show my ignorance (and probably my age) by asking "what is I.E.?" :confused3:laughing:

Last edited:
Sorry, I should’ve spelled it out! :) Others have reported that using a private tab or clearing cookies has also worked to resolve that particular issue.

Is this happening to anyone else???
Only the solid colored bands have been showing up as choices for me for two days. I have cleared my history and have tried a private browser, my Mac, and my iPhone.
Any more tips? TIA!!!!

If you look at the top of the page, there's a message explaining that only the solid colors are available for now. I'm not hopeful the character bands will be back anytime soon, though I have no information at all. When it all comes back, what are the odds it's fixed and will only show in stock bands? Also not hopeful there either.

This is the message:
"Due to technical challenges, the option to upgrade MagicBands is currently unavailable. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new or renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. "

If you look at the top of the page, there's a message explaining that only the solid colors are available for now. I'm not hopeful the character bands will be back anytime soon, though I have no information at all. When it all comes back, what are the odds it's fixed and will only show in stock bands? Also not hopeful there either.

This is the message:
"Due to technical challenges, the option to upgrade MagicBands is currently unavailable. Disney Resort hotel Guests and new or renewing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders may continue to choose from a selection of complimentary solid-color MagicBands. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. "
Thank you for your reply! I typically look on the mobile site, and do not see that message displayed there. At least this saves me from absurdly refreshing the page all day long :rotfl2:!

Showing 29 options available right now. Not sure if they are in stock as none of them are ones we are trying to order.

On my last nerve with this. Every single time I go to process payment...

"PLEASE WAIT WHILE WE COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST"

"WE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER."

Every. Single. Time. No matter which bands I try to order. At this rate I'll just take whatever they give me and I'll just buy what I want when I get there for the full price. Better than dealing with this disaster.

Reactions: MDH
I ordered my upgraded magic bands this past weekend without any difficulty. They arrived yesterday. The problem is that they are not attached to my account and when I try to attach them it says the ID is invalid.

I haven't seen much of a selection when I have been occasionally checking for the last 4-6 weeks. Lately there have only been 13 choices, prior to that they hadn't had many more. We had a trip the first week of Feb and I waited until the last day I colud to customize, and only saw 2 that I would have ever wanted, and not at the same time.

I also want to add that we are having trouble with our MDE account, getting bands to let us into our room and for the first time ever on this trip getting bands to all read all of our tickets. We spent a long time at GS and GS had to call IT each time before we could enter parks 3 times, and were told that we have too much on our account, including too many MBs. This irritates me on many levels, one of which is they keep coming out with new MBs, making LE MBs, and letting us upgrade to a special MB for a discount, but then can't handle it on our account! This last trip we saw a few MB s that we might have wanted and didn't really consider even buying them, since we figured they're telling us we have to remove MBs from our account as it is, why pay more for any if they can't handle it. I did have them remove all of our old MB1s, but I don't want to have to permanently delete the MB 2s that I chose and either paid for or bought covers for, I want to be able to interchange them based on resort, park, outfit, whim, etc like they advertise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!