Magic Bands (Wasnt sure where to post)

Mr and Mrs Happy

Earning My Ears
This will be out first time to WDW. I purchased our annual passes last month and we'll be headed to WDW on the 28th but will be visiting the parks on the 30th.

Do I have to purchase the Magic Bands in advance or do they provide them on the first visit? I noticed they can be purchased on the Disney website, can I purchase them ahead of time? Maybe Im just overly excited to finally be able to go and would love to have them before we leave.

This will be out first time to WDW. I purchased our annual passes last month and we'll be headed to WDW on the 28th but will be visiting the parks on the 30th.

Do I have to purchase the Magic Bands in advance or do they provide them on the first visit? I noticed they can be purchased on the Disney website, can I purchase them ahead of time? Maybe Im just overly excited to finally be able to go and would love to have them before we leave.

You can go to Mydisneyexperience.com and sign up. You can enter your reservation # if you are staying onsite and your ticket information. You will have magic bands if staying onsite. Play around with the site to get familiar with it. You can also download the free app. Also you can make your dining reservations at 180 days out if staying onsite and your fastpasses at 60 days out. Everyone here will help you if you have any questions.

You can go to Mydisneyexperience.com and sign up. You can enter your reservation # if you are staying onsite and your ticket information. You will have magic bands if staying onsite. Play around with the site to get familiar with it. You can also download the free app. Also you can make your dining reservations at 180 days out if staying onsite and your fastpasses at 60 days out. Everyone here will help you if you have any questions.

Thanks to this board, Ive set up our fastpasses and made dinner reservations as well. I have the app downloaded to my phone. The site can be a bit intimidating...LOL but it's also been fun. We're staying offsite, so it looks like getting the magic bands (when we arrive) will be a no go since we arent staying onsite.

Per Disney:

If you are an Annual Passholder, please follow these simple steps at least 11 days before you plan to visit Walt Disney World Resort and your MagicBand will be delivered straight to your home:

1. Create or sign into your Disney account..
  2. Link your annual pass or passes to your Disney account. Your pass may have been linked automatically when you purchased it on disneyworld.com.
  3. Activate your pass at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or Disney Springs Guest Relations location. Please bring your exchange certificate and a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
  4. Use your annual pass to enter a Walt Disney World theme park or water park.
  5. Customize your MagicBand.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/park-magic-band-pick-up/

Since you are not on site, you will not receive bands.

You do receive bands with your annual pass, but those aren't mailed until after you activate them. There have been rumors of people going to Guest Services inside the park and receiving bands there. But we didn't try that, because we were staying on site.

That said, you don't actually need bands. You will receive a yellow card when you activate your pass and you can use that to enter the park and you can use it when you use your fast passes.

Per Disney:

If you are an Annual Passholder, please follow these simple steps at least 11 days before you plan to visit Walt Disney World Resort and your MagicBand will be delivered straight to your home:

1. Create or sign into your Disney account..
  2. Link your annual pass or passes to your Disney account. Your pass may have been linked automatically when you purchased it on disneyworld.com.
  3. Activate your pass at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or Disney Springs Guest Relations location. Please bring your exchange certificate and a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
  4. Use your annual pass to enter a Walt Disney World theme park or water park.
  5. Customize your MagicBand.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/park-magic-band-pick-up/

So it arrives after our first visit?

Since you are not on site, you will not receive bands.

You do receive bands with your annual pass, but those aren't mailed until after you activate them. There have been rumors of people going to Guest Services inside the park and receiving bands there. But we didn't try that, because we were staying on site.

That said, you don't actually need bands. You will receive a yellow card when you activate your pass and you can use that to enter the park and you can use it when you use your fast passes.

You answered what I asked the previous person. I appreciate the help. I will just wait. I wanted the cool bands while there...LOL! And Winne The Pooh is my favorite; well Eeyore is. I have a whole bookcase full of Winnie the Pooh books :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter