Magic Exists, a July 2020 PTR

Oooooooh, you are going to have to tell us how you like it. I am a diehard android user but if that camera is what everyone says it is, I may have to switch.

I love the decor and theming of Cabana Bay. If we ever go where riding the rides isnt a priority or we have lots of time, that is where I would stay.

Oh, I love the Pro Max already. I begged for it for Mother's Day thinking I'd use it for our WDW trip, but again... we all know how that goes. But just the low light capabilities and front selfie portrait is worth it for me. I am a sometimes scrapbooker and I did A Week in the Life right after I got the phone and loved the photos I could get with it.

I have to admit... I think Cabana Bay is meant for families. And we're not a young family anymore and maybe it's not the place for us. Although if they'd give me the option to pay $100 more/night and get express pass, I'd be all over that.

Yep, you`re down to 4 weeks!!

Glad you chose RPR......for us it has the complete resort feel and we love it!!

Club Level at RP is also, for us the best of all the lounges, and although it`s going to be slightly different now it`s still a lovely lounge with the most amazing staff. It really is a second home to us. I`m sure you`ll have seen the pictures of th elounge in the RPR thread. It`s been revamped and looks beautiful.

Nice update.

I dug out my albums from our last trip and I think we liked RPR more than I remembered. I don't remember disliking it. I just remember loving the pool. My only real memory of the room was laying in the beds in the evenings and watching the US Olympic Swimming Trials. So yeah, exactly 8 years ago.

HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THIS?! Omg what news! I'm so excited to hear about this Universal exclusive trip! I totally feel you on Cabana Bay, it looks gorgeous. Maybe I'll have to book a trip with my preferred pass discount still intact lol

I totally understand Ches making the decision to not want to see Disney with all the new restrictions, especially after only being there so long. Fingers crossed she gets another chance at a CP so she can return, barely two months is too short a time to be there. Too too short. 'Till the spire to her from a fellow Batuuan!

Also yes, J.K. Rowling is trash. I will love those books and characters forever, but we do not stan the creator anymore. Nope.

TIMMY!!! I keep popping in to read your DCP report and then life gets in the way and I lose the thread.

I just sighed because I have so many feelings about Ches and the DCP in general. I know she wants to go back, but it's also really nice to see her working and loving it and going to school again. I do hope they can return to DCP because it's a life changing thing, but it's also nice she still has 2 years of college left for them to figure it out.

I am really the kind of person that if a celebrity reveals themself to be a horrible person, I will walk away and never look back. I stop watching their movies and can't find enjoyment in anything that might somehow result in money for that celebrity. But the Rowling situation is different. I read a really nice piece about how once she created those characters and that world, she lost ownership and it became her reader's world and that we know how her characters would fight so that no one was discriminated against, even if she doesn't. It really spoke to me because reading and losing myself in worlds created in my mind is my number one hobby. So I'm going to let myself be OK with enjoying Wizarding World. Currently doing my reread of the HP books so that I can be ready for visiting.

And on a completely different subject, Dan is completely freaking out about Florida's COVID numbers going up. This is a man who works every day without ever wearing a mask and he is so worried about the number rising. He just hears the headlines, he doesn't listen to the details. He's mostly worried that we're going to get back and have to quarantine for 14 days before we can go back to work. It's a concern of mine, as well, but I don't think that's something we'll necessarily know before our trip. Heck, Ches was back for 24 hours before they added Florida to the state quarantine in March (it is off the list now). She could have gone a dozen places in that 24 hours. She didn't, but it was ridiculous to put a retroactive quarantine on people who had been to Florida. So if everyone could get those numbers to go back down in the next month, that would be great...

Just an update... Kansas put Florida on our quarantine list, meaning if we go on the trip, we'd have to quarantine for two weeks after we return. None of us is able to do that at this time, so we have to cancel the trip. We hope to rebook in the next year or two.

So there's the end of this story.

Just an update... Kansas put Florida on our quarantine list, meaning if we go on the trip, we'd have to quarantine for two weeks after we return. None of us is able to do that at this time, so we have to cancel the trip. We hope to rebook in the next year or two.

BrerMama, I`m sorry you are having to postpone your trip.

So many people losing a trip due to this darn thing!! Best wishes to you and look forward to when you can get back.

Awww, I'm sorry you had to cancel, but I think it's for the better. My mom's on vacation this week and even she brought up possibly going to FL with flights being cheap and all. We both agreed that while it would be fun, it's far from safe there with their second peak coming in. A lot of my friends that are still down there are getting really nervous about all the re-openings. It's better for your health and everyone's health at that to stay home.

So hope stay healthy and safe in KS for now! Maybe we'll finally get to meet next time either of us is back in FL. :)

I am a sometimes scrapbooker and I did A Week in the Life right after I got the phone and loved the photos I could get with it.

Oh I would love to see your pages. I used to be a go to a crop scrapbooker, but with covid, I find myself getting so much done at home. Working on our 2019 Universal trip right. Not many layouts online to get inspiration from. Besides being vertically challenged, I am also creatively challenged.

I have to admit... I think Cabana Bay is meant for families. And we're not a young family anymore

We have only stayed at the Portofino. There are usually 3 generations going so its peaceful and serene atmosphere is just perfect.

Oh that is too bad. I hate that for you all. Covid just isnt going away as quickly as we all hoped. Hubby and I just planned a weekend trip in September but I am afraid Florida will quarantine our state. People here are just not being responsible, believing everything is being blown out of proportion. Our numbers are escalating quickly.

Hope you can get started on your new plans soon. Will be interesting to see how rates will be early next year.

So sorry to hear about your cancelled trip! Ugg! I was looking forward to reading about your adventures. You are a great storyteller. I had to laugh at your description of the transparent pants after the rain! It sounds like something that would happen to me.

Congratulations on your new home! I liked your idea of a stay at home vacation with IKEA! I went to an IKEA store for the first time about two years ago. It was quite the experience. I have been back once since.
So, now you need to make new plans to celebrate your birthday.

I am tentatively planning a trip next summer for Universal and am thinking of staying at Royal Pacific for the same reasons you mentioned.
Take care!

BrerMama, I`m sorry you are having to postpone your trip.

So many people losing a trip due to this darn thing!! Best wishes to you and look forward to when you can get back.

I super hate it and as our departure day gets closer and closer (one week from today), I get sadder and sadder. Probably not helping that we've been having an HP movie marathon on the weekends and we're finally on Dealthly Hallows 1.

Awww, I'm sorry you had to cancel, but I think it's for the better. My mom's on vacation this week and even she brought up possibly going to FL with flights being cheap and all. We both agreed that while it would be fun, it's far from safe there with their second peak coming in. A lot of my friends that are still down there are getting really nervous about all the re-openings. It's better for your health and everyone's health at that to stay home.

So hope stay healthy and safe in KS for now! Maybe we'll finally get to meet next time either of us is back in FL. :)

I cannot believe how the FL numbers keep growing. I know it's the best and safest choice for us right now. I still cry when I see Disney reopening videos.

Oh I would love to see your pages. I used to be a go to a crop scrapbooker, but with covid, I find myself getting so much done at home. Working on our 2019 Universal trip right. Not many layouts online to get inspiration from. Besides being vertically challenged, I am also creatively challenged.

Hope you can get started on your new plans soon. Will be interesting to see how rates will be early next year.

If I do any scrapbook pages of any kind, they're on my instagram. I'm kimberlydlund on there. I just finished our 2018 Disneyland album during quarantine. I also belong to the Project Mouse group on Facebook. Lots of theme park inspiration in that group. I did make our 2021 "plan" for next year -- 2 nights at UO, then moving to Disney for 5 nights -- but we have no dates and won't until my school district makes a decision about school next year. Sigh.

So sorry to hear about your cancelled trip! Ugg! I was looking forward to reading about your adventures. You are a great storyteller. I had to laugh at your description of the transparent pants after the rain! It sounds like something that would happen to me.

Congratulations on your new home! I liked your idea of a stay at home vacation with IKEA! I went to an IKEA store for the first time about two years ago. It was quite the experience. I have been back once since.
So, now you need to make new plans to celebrate your birthday.

I am tentatively planning a trip next summer for Universal and am thinking of staying at Royal Pacific for the same reasons you mentioned.
Take care!

Thank you! I do think of myself as a teller of stories. I love stories.

I am dying for an IKEA trip but just too nervous to make the 3 hour trip right now. Cases are way up in Kansas and our family has essentially gone back to level 1, even if the rest of the state hasn't. Home related -- we're taking all the money we would have spent on the 3 Florida trips we've cancelled this year and are putting in new flooring in the house. Our main floor has 3 different types of flooring and that's all being torn out and replaced with luxury vinyl plank, and the poorly installed and cheap quality carpet in the rest of the house is getting replaced with something much more "me." I'm pretty sure the previous owners installed the current carpet themselves (or paid someone very little to do it) and after only a year, it is matted and has huge bubbles where it wasn't stretched properly. Some people go on a big vacation for their 30th anniversary... we're getting new flooring installed. Dan switched his vacation from mid-July to mid-August so he can supervise the plank installation. Honestly, that may be the biggest gift of all... having him responsible for all of that when I'm usually at my most stressed during back to school.

Thanks for everyone stopping again. I mentioned it about scrapbook layouts, but if you want to read and see my stories, I am an instagram fool. I post several times a day. You are welcome to follow me over there. And maybe I'll be back to start a new pretrip report soon! Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!