Magic is here.... room only discount??

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Anyone else notice that the "room only" discount for Magic is here is gone from the WDW resort special offers page?
Anyone have experience or information why?
I booked this on Tuesday online when they first came out. And just possibly looking to adjust dates and it is gone from the site... as if it was never there!
I could see if it was full and it would just say not available... but the link isn't even there.
The "regional" discount for specific states is there for room only.
I already have tickets so only need the room. Now... just concerned they won't allow an adjustment of dates, or may take the discount away.

Anyone else notice that the "room only" discount for Magic is here is gone from the WDW resort special offers page?
I booked this on Tuesday online when they first came out. And just possibly looking to adjust dates and it is gone from the site... as if it was never there!
I could see if it was full and it would just say not available... but the link isn't even there.
I already have tickets so only need the room. Now... just concerned they won't allow an adjustment of dates, or may take the discount away.
From my understanding the room only portion of this promotion is the state specific offer. I live in NJ, also was looking for room only and only packages are available for us. I even called and they said the same thing. Not sure why it would just disappear though. But unless you live in one of those states, we are out of luck for room only anyway

Let us know what happens if you call Or are able to modify over the phone!

I hope they don’t take the discount away !

Maybe everything was booked for that discount ? Or it was an accident ?

From my understanding the room only portion of this promotion is the state specific offer. I live in NJ, also was looking for room only and only packages are available for us. I even called and they said the same thing. Not sure why it would just disappear though. But unless you live in one of those states, we are out of luck for room only anyway
Yes, that is what is there now.
However, when I booked there was another discount. One said "Magic is Here - Room" and the other said "Magic is Here - Regional Room" There were definitely 2 separate ones, and I remember looking at the states listed and then going to click on the other one that did not have "regional" on it.
This was very early on Tuesday morning and I modified my existing (did not book a new one) which maybe that's why it popped up.... because I changed an existing one?
And no where on my reservation does it state "Regional" or give specific states.

However, when I booked there was another discount. One said "Magic is Here - Room" and the other said "Magic is Here - Regional Room" There were definitely 2 separate ones, and I remember looking at the states listed and then going to click on the other one that did not have "regional" on it.
This was very early on Tuesday morning and I modified my existing (did not book a new one) which maybe that's why it popped up.... because I changed an existing one?
And no where on my reservation does it state "Regional" or give specific states.
Was it a pin code discount? or a discount that showed up when you were signed in?

I think they have incorporated it into the offer and you have to go to the next screen now where you can then select room only. I "lost" it for a little while, too, and kept thinking no way, I'm buying separate tix!!

Sorry, I can't post a screen shot, but, if you click through the Magic is here offer and select your resort, you can then select Room Only. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or whether the pricing even changes.

Last edited:

I think they have incorporated it into the offer and you have to go to the next screen now where you can then select room only. I "lost" it for a little while, too, and kept thinking no way, I'm buying separate tix!!

Sorry, I can't post a screen shot, but, if you click through the Magic is here offer and select your resort, you can then select Room Only. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or whether the pricing even changes.

I was unable to remove tickets when clicking through as a package.

Randomly, when at the room only it did show a discount!! But as soon as I switched resorts/ dates, the discount completely disappeared ! And I haven't been able to get it to come up again.

I am so curious about what is going on! Targeting or website mistakes?

Last edited:
Wait, what is a PIN code? I have a trip booked for May 2021 and am on the lookout for any discounts we could apply to our stay

I seen it 2 days ago while searching and just seen it today! It doesn’t say regional. Here I have a screen shot.524688

Wait, what is a PIN code? I have a trip booked for May 2021 and am on the lookout for any discounts we could apply to our stay
They only send pin codes to your email or regular mail. Not everyone gets one they just randomly send them. So keep checking your email and mail.

They only send pin codes to your email or regular mail. Not everyone gets one they just randomly send them. So keep checking your email and mail.

Thank you! Good to know.... I just moved so I'm glad to know it could possibly come by mail, just changed my address on disneyworld.com!

Thank you! Good to know.... I just moved so I'm glad to know it could possibly come by mail, just changed my address on disneyworld.com!
From what I have read they mostly send them by email. So make sure you have an email set up on your Disney account.

I think you are seeing what I am seeing. Two very different sets of prices are coming up depending on how you search, and it is driving me a little crazy! LOL I just spent an hour on the line with a CM trying to explain to her that the price I'm getting online for our package is $400 less than the price we currently have reserved, and she just could not see it.

Here is what I have figured out (step by step);

-I start on the main Walt Disney World Resort page, at the "Build Your Vacation" line.
- I enter our dates and the number of people.
- Where is says "All resort hotels", SELECT THE HOTEL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. This is key. If you search all resorts, it gives you the higher price.
-Click "View Rates"
-A new page will pop up, and at the top will be four offers with a green bubble at "Room Only". DO NOT MOVE THE GREEN BUBBLE! Even if I move the green bubble and then put it back again, it switches to the higher rates.

-Scroll down the page, and you will see that next to each room type are two prices: A "standard rate" price that is faded out and a "Magic Is Here Room Offer" Price, with the "Update Cart" button below it. When on this screen, the prices are significantly lower than if I select either of the "Magic Is Here" bubbles at the top, and there is nothing mentioned about a state restriction. ** edited to add that I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot, but I see that maryJ11 posted a screen shot of what I see when I search this way!**

On this page, I selected our same room type we currently have reserved, then on the next page I adjusted to our current ticket option (7 days), and added the travel protection (which we currently have), and the total price came to $400 less than our current price. This is at CBR. If I search out other resort this way (CR, YC), I get a price difference of about $1000 depending on which way I search.

The CM told me the only way to get that price is to rebook with the price I'm seeing on the screen and then call to cancel our original reservation.

Last edited:
I think you are seeing what I am seeing. Two very different sets of prices are coming up depending on how you search, and it is driving me a little crazy! LOL I just spent an hour on the line with a CM trying to explain to her that the price I'm getting online for our package is $400 less than the price we currently have reserved, and she just could not see it.

-I start on the main Walt Disney World Resort page, at the "Build Your Vacation" line.
- Where is says "All resort hotels", SELECT THE HOTEL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. This is key. If you search all resorts, it gives you the higher price.
-Click "View Rates"
-A new page will pop up, and at the top will be four offers with a green bubble at "Room Only". DO NOT MOVE THE GREEN BUBBLE! Even if I move the green bubble and then put it back again, it switches to the higher rates.

-Scroll down the page, and you will see that next to each room type are two prices: A "standard rate" price that is faded out and a "Magic Is Here Room Offer" Price, with the "Update Cart" button below it. When on this screen, the prices are significantly lower than if I select either of the "Magic Is Here" bubbles at the top, and there is nothing mentioned about a state restriction. ** edited to add that I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot, but I see that maryJ11 posted a screen shot of what I see when I search this way!**

On this page, I selected our same room type we currently have reserved, then on the next page I adjusted to our current ticket option (7 days), and added the travel protection (which we currently have), and the total price came to $400 less than our current price. This is at CBR. If I search out other resort this way (CR, YC), I get a price difference of about $1000 depending on which way I search.

The CM told me the only way to get that price is to rebook with the price I'm seeing on the screen and then call to cancel our original reservation.
It didn’t work for me ugh! I need a discount. Were you signed in?

Last edited:

-Click "View Rates"

Interesting. I just followed your instructions & saw just what you said. I have an AP discount so don’t need this one... but it definitely worked followong your instructions.

Interesting. I just followed your instructions & saw just what you said. I have an AP discount so don’t need this one... but it definitely worked followong your instructions.
Oh why won’t it work for me 🙄 I’m going to keep trying. The green bubble keeps changing to the magic is here for certain states.

Last edited:
Oh why won’t it work for me 🙄 I’m going to keep trying. The green bubble keeps changing to the magic is here for certain states.

Maybe try closing out your browser or even restart your computer and then try? I wonder if it's loading previous settings for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter