MAGIC KEY DISCOUNT AND GENIE PLUS

Reporterhill

Earning My Ears
I have the Inspire Magic key and am planning on buying Genie+ for myself and a friend. She does not have a magic key. Does anyone know if I can buy two Genie+'s and use my discount for her as well? My suspicion is Disney knows who has a Magic Key and who doesn't and if I buy two of them they'll only give me the discount on mine automatically. Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks!

I have the Inspire Magic key and am planning on buying Genie+ for myself and a friend. She does not have a magic key. Does anyone know if I can buy two Genie+'s and use my discount for her as well? My suspicion is Disney knows who has a Magic Key and who doesn't and if I buy two of them they'll only give me the discount on mine automatically. Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks!

I believe if her ticket is linked in your Disneyland app account, you will get the discount on hers too if you buy it in your app.

My friend and I did this last year and I feel like hers was also discounted, but I can't remember for sure.

I believe if her ticket is linked in your Disneyland app account, you will get the discount on hers too if you buy it in your app.

My friend and I did this last year and I feel like hers was also discounted, but I can't remember for sure.
Thank you so much for the reply. We will have to see I guess when we get there! Thanks again!

Nope. You do not get the discount on Genie+ for non-magic key holders. We took a large group in October. The discount only applied to those of us who had magic keys. This didn't surprise me. What was more irritating is that we had to purchase Genie+ for our party each day in two transactions: one for the magic key holders and one for the non magic key holders.

Nope. You do not get the discount on Genie+ for non-magic key holders. We took a large group in October. The discount only applied to those of us who had magic keys. This didn't surprise me. What was more irritating is that we had to purchase Genie+ for our party each day in two transactions: one for the magic key holders and one for the non magic key holders.
I had a suspicion. Disney is TOO cheap for that. Oh, well, it was worth a question about it! thanks for your response and what a pain to have to purchase them that way!

Someone just posted on another thread that they were able to purchase their MK and non-MK Genie+ in the same transaction. So my October experience is clearly outdated or was some odd glitch unique to me. It remains true though that the discount will only apply to the Magic Key tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter