Magic Kingdom/Epcot Park Hop Parking Question

mkb3

DIS Veteran
We are staying off property at Give Kids the World for my daughter's Make a Wish trip. On day one we are doing Epcot in the morning and MK in the evening for HEA. We get free preferred parking at each park, but I wonder if it would be best to just park at the Ticket and Transportation Center for the day or drive to each park individually. Does MK have a different parking lot than TTC?

We are staying off property at Give Kids the World for my daughter's Make a Wish trip.
Congratulations on the Make a Wish trip! GKTW is a wonderful place! You will have a pixiedust: time there.

DW and I volunteer at GKTW a couple times a week when we are in Florida.

On day one we are doing Epcot in the morning and MK in the evening for HEA. We get free preferred parking at each park, but I wonder if it would be best to just park at the Ticket and Transportation Center for the day or drive to each park individually.

I would normally suggest parking at the TTC and take the monorail back and forth to Epcot. But with preferred parking I think it is a harder decision as you will be able to park quite close to the Epcot entrance.

Here are a few questions to consider: How comfortable are you being a bit far away from your car? Might you find yourself needing to get back to your car quickly?

If I had preferred parking I would probably park at Epcot and drive over to MK. But then I like to stay close to my car.

It will be a bit less walking to park at the TTC and use the monorail.

Does MK have a different parking lot than TTC?

The TTC lot is MK's only parking lot.

My biggest concern is leaving after HEA. My daughter enjoys riding the Monorails and being close to the car isn't a big deal for us. Thanks for the feedback since TTC is the only MK lot I think that is what we will do.

My biggest concern is leaving after HEA. My daughter enjoys riding the Monorails and being close to the car isn't a big deal for us. Thanks for the feedback since TTC is the only MK lot I think that is what we will do.

Wonderful! Arriving at the TTC parking lot in the morning should give you a good spot in the preferred lot. It will be an easy walk to the TTC.

As you can imagine, leaving MK after HEA will be a bit busy. You will have the choice of the monorail or the ferry to get back to the TTC. Depending on your schedule you might want to hang back a bit and let the crowd move through before leaving the park.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Thanks for the feedback. It will be a long Monday, but we will be able to sleep in and recoup on Tuesday before heading back for the Christmas party.

BTW thanks for volunteering at GKTW. We are excited to be staying there. My daughter originally wanted to stay on property again for her Wish trip, but we explained how this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

BTW thanks for volunteering at GKTW. We are excited to be staying there. My daughter originally wanted to stay on property again for her Wish trip, but we explained how this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

We are honored to be able to help GKTW Village. It is a very special place. We have met so many wonderful people there.

There are plenty of fun things to do right in the Village, a large pool, a playground, a few amusement rides, horse rides Wed and Sat mornings, different events and character meets every day, plenty of food, and, of course, free ice cream all day long. I am sure your daughter will enjoy her visit!

First and foremost, congrats on the Make a Wish trip! I am very happy for your daughter! Both Make a Wish and GKTW are great organizations!

I would recommend parking at Epcot as with preferred parking you will be able to park extremely close to the park entrance AND monorail station (closer than TTC), also, by parking at Epcot, your daughter will get to enjoy one final ride from TTC to Epcot at night before ending your night, the Epcot monorail line goes over FW which is a sight to see at night! I am sure she will enjoy this versus walking straight to your car at TTC. :)

I would also add watch the closing time difference between the 2 parks. If Epcots closing is more than an hour before MK (maybe 2?), the monorail may not go to Epcot from TTC. Dd and I had this situation occur. They got us back to our car but it wasnt as smooth as I had planned. I’ve learned to park wherever we are ending the night.

I would also add watch the closing time difference between the 2 parks. If Epcots closing is more than an hour before MK (maybe 2?), the monorail may not go to Epcot from TTC. Dd and I had this situation occur. They got us back to our car but it wasnt as smooth as I had planned. I’ve learned to park wherever we are ending the night.

The WDW monorail system operates up to 1 hour after the latest park closing, so even if MK closes after Epcot, the Epcot line should still be running per their policy.

Well we got caught at TTC on a night MK was open til 11 and epcot closed at 9. They would not let us board the Epcot line and instead directed us to busses. Just throwing it out there as something to consider.

The WDW monorail system operates up to 1 hour after the latest park closing, so even if MK closes after Epcot, the Epcot line should still be running per their policy.
Sorry, that's incorrect. For example, this Saturday, MK closes at 11, Epcot closes at 10, and the Epcot Monorail closes at 11. Today, MK has EMH until 11, Epcot closed at 9, and the Epcot Monorail closes at 10. This is all on the current resort-wide Times Guide.

Sorry, that's incorrect. For example, this Saturday, MK closes at 11, Epcot closes at 10, and the Epcot Monorail closes at 11. Today, MK has EMH until 11, Epcot closed at 9, and the Epcot Monorail closes at 10. This is all on the current resort-wide Times Guide.

Thanks, that was my experience. So to the OP, i would park at TTC to have easy access to your car at park close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter