Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom - 4 yr. Old

HMG1984

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney Friends!

I will be taking my 4 year old to Disney in February. We will be there for four days, and I am debating on whether we should do 2 days at MK, or one day at MK and one day at AK. I think she will like the animals at AK, but I think there is more for her to do at MK.

Thoughts?

Hello Disney Friends!

I will be taking my 4 year old to Disney in February. We will be there for four days, and I am debating on whether we should do 2 days at MK, or one day at MK and one day at AK. I think she will like the animals at AK, but I think there is more for her to do at MK.

Thoughts?
Honestly, even though MK is a two day park, if she loves animals, then i'd do one MK and one AK. Visit MK first and feel it out, see what you think for the next day. If you think you did enough at MK and want to check out AK the nextday, do it.

Our experience with AK is that it is not like a "zoo". I have taken our kids to many zoos that are much better in terms of animal experiences. The petting zoo at AK was a complete bust (hard to get to and very limited interactions). The safari and some of the shows at AK are really amazing. If you aren't getting a park hopper, I would maybe consider two days at MK.

You know your little one best, but in my opinion Animal Kingdom is one of the more "older kids" oriented parks. Flight of Passenger and Expedition Everest are a couple of the biggest attractions and either aren't going to appeal to or be lost on many preschoolers, if they even meet the height requirements. Kali River Rapids was just 'meh', to my mind, a water ride you could find at almost any theme park. The safari ride and Lion King show were cool but I don't know if they'd be worth a trip in and of themselves if there's not a lot else you'd want to see.

If your 4-year-old loves animals it might be worth it, otherwise, I'd look at your 'must see' attractions and make your plans based on that. I took my nephew to AK at 4 and it was fun, but mostly as a relaxing day in an otherwise hectic schedule.

The only things at Animal Kingdom that interests me was the Safari and Lion King Show. Now I'm debating if we should do those two things at AK then hop over to MK. Or maybe it's not worth a trip to AK just for those two items, as you said. Sigh...so many #firstworldproblems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!