Magic Kingdom solo

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
I don't mind doing AK, HS, or Epcot solo, but I feel kind of weird about doing MK solo. I am chaperoning our school band trip. Although there will be other chaperones I can hang out with, I really want some me time. I always loved riding IASW, Peter Pan, Under the Sea, and Pooh with my girls, but I can't see myself riding these rides solo. I would feel that everyone would be looking at the creepy middle aged lady riding kiddie rides.

So, solo vets, what do you do? Do you ride these rides anyway or do you stay away?

I don't mind doing AK, HS, or Epcot solo, but I feel kind of weird about doing MK solo. I am chaperoning our school band trip. Although there will be other chaperones I can hang out with, I really want some me time. I always loved riding IASW, Peter Pan, Under the Sea, and Pooh with my girls, but I can't see myself riding these rides solo. I would feel that everyone would be looking at the creepy middle aged lady riding kiddie rides.

So, solo vets, what do you do? Do you ride these rides anyway or do you stay away?

I'm solo guy in his mid 40s... Riding Small World is always weird for me. But honestly it's all in our heads... People don't care that you're solo, they're too caught up in their own thing.

Magic Kingdom Solo is great due to how easy is to get extra Fastpasses

Mid 30s guy here and I love going solo.

Peter Pan you are on your own ship so its not a big deal. Same with Little mermaid.

its a small world I only did once solo but thats because of preference. Must people wont know you are solo. Some assume you are with the group behind or your group by your side.

Pooh may be weird because you will share the cart, but again, probably no one thinks anything and if they do, who cares, they wont see you again.

I ride everything I want to when I'm solo! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks (because honestly, they probably aren't thinking anything of it at all!!)
Any time I'm by myself and I end up in conversation with others, they're more envious that I'm there by myself than anything else.

Have fun!

I do Dumbo solo every time. Small World - you get your own row. Basically 7DMT is the only place where they put another person with you. As people have already said, people are off in their own little world not secretly judging others.

MK is a great park to go solo! Not only are there more attractions to knock off your list quickly, but there are so many immersive details that you can enjoy at your own leisure. I don't think anyone will give you a second thought, and even if they did you'll never see them again.

Nobody knows that you're by yourself. You could be in a party with an odd number of people; you could have an infant and be doing baby swap; you could be doing one ride while the rest of your party is doing something else. Everyone is too busy having fun to notice or care.

I love Magic Kingdom solo! It's so much harder to get around if you are with a crowd of people, but a solo can slip through the crowds easily. You can get fast passes easier than groups as well. And to be able to do the Haunted Mansion 3 times in a row, or the People Mover twice, with no one complaining - well, being able to ride your favorite rides as much as you want is awesome.

I am a (now late-)middle-aged lady and I have ridden all those rides more than once solo - as well as Dumbo and Mad Tea Party, one of my faves! I see plenty of adults riding everything - that's the joy of WDW! And in 7 solo trips, I've never been aware of other guests giving this solo lady "looks." Go have fun!

Have to confess that I tend to avoid a few MK attractions that I enjoy with my family but just feel awkward doing solo:

Enchanted Tales with Belle feels a little strange. I’m well into grandma territory but I think it would be worse for a guy.

Jungle Cruise is just too intimate for me to feel comfortable solo.

Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor because I’m terrified I’ll show up on camera!

I do whatever I want when solo, no one cares or if they do, I don't. I've also been with a group of 3 so one person had to ride solo on many rides, which more often than not was me since I was with my son and his wife. This last Nov. my honey, my grown son (39 yrs old) and myself went. So a group of 3. My son did the solo thing most of the time since this was my honey's first time in about 35 years going. So grown man riding solo, even on SDMT where you have to sit with someone and no weird looks as far as I could see. Again, if there were, who cares.

I ride everything ever at MK. Literally no one cares. They’re too busy doing their own thing.

I did Enchanted Belle solo. It was fine but the CMs ignored me (they went for the kids) and in the end it just felt like watching Country Bears or Carousel of Progress solo.

I did Enchanted Belle solo. It was fine but the CMs ignored me (they went for the kids) and in the end it just felt like watching Country Bears or Carousel of Progress solo.

I did Enchanted Tales With Belle once - my first trip after it opened. I was just interested in seeing the show, but when they started "auditioning," I thought, "What the heck, you only live once," and belted out my best Jo Ann Worley impression. The young man CM pointed at me and said "You!" and I got to be the wardrobe.

I am a weird person: on a personal/social level, I'm very introverted, but I have no Stage Fright. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter