Magic Kingdom solo

am a weird person: on a personal/social level, I'm very introverted, but I have no Stage Fright. :duck:

Not weird at all. Contrary to popular misconception, introversion and extroversion have nothing to do with how outgoing or shy a person is. They have to do with how you get your energy. Introverts get their batteries recharged from being alone, while extroverts get theirs from interacting with people.

I’m an introvert who is generally outgoing and has zero issues presenting to a crowd, acting, or public speaking. I just need alone time afterwards because it’s very draining.

I consider myself to be very introverted-people exhaust me. That said, I HATE the limelight and would be miserable if called on to perform.

I don't mind doing AK, HS, or Epcot solo, but I feel kind of weird about doing MK solo. I am chaperoning our school band trip. Although there will be other chaperones I can hang out with, I really want some me time. I always loved riding IASW, Peter Pan, Under the Sea, and Pooh with my girls, but I can't see myself riding these rides solo. I would feel that everyone would be looking at the creepy middle aged lady riding kiddie rides.

So, solo vets, what do you do? Do you ride these rides anyway or do you stay away?
My sister has the best philosophy about what strangers think: "Don't know 'em. Don't owe 'em." Do what pleases you. You are the only one you owe. I'm going solo in April, and I am following my own advice.

I don't mind doing AK, HS, or Epcot solo, but I feel kind of weird about doing MK solo. I am chaperoning our school band trip. Although there will be other chaperones I can hang out with, I really want some me time. I always loved riding IASW, Peter Pan, Under the Sea, and Pooh with my girls, but I can't see myself riding these rides solo. I would feel that everyone would be looking at the creepy middle aged lady riding kiddie rides.

So, solo vets, what do you do? Do you ride these rides anyway or do you stay away?

I've ridden all except Peter Pan, and that's because I can't do moving walkways. At Pooh, when I was solo and needed a wheelchair, they were nice enough to offer to push me through the line-I find the CMs so nice to solos.
Enjoy the school band trip. I was a school band chaperone (didn't go to WDW though), and I always tear up when I see the school bands marching in the MK. An experience they (and you) will never forget!

Just do it, there is nothing weird about doing MK solo. There’s so many people at MK these days nobody will notice or care that you’re by yourself... embrace it!

Nobody is going to be looking at you. Nobody cares. Just go and have fun. I just did MK solo on Monday and had (except for the crowds) a wonderful time.

I do understand where you are coming from. Magic Kingdom is probably the toughest park for me to do solo. I really love doing Epcot and DAK alone because there is so much detail and the attractions are more laid back and personal in my opinion. But going to MK always feels lonelier than any other park. That being said, I've totally done it and enjoyed riding all the rides, seeing all the shows, and even meeting characters. And I have never been made to feel uncomfortable by any cast member, ever! They have always been super cool. One CM I ended up chatting with for a while in one of the shops was super sweet and gave me a pin celebrating my "solo day" :)
So I understand your feelings, but I promise you so many people go alone and you will probably notice more and more people when you are there! You have nothing to feel weird about and should live it up because Disney solo trips are super amazing!

I love MK solo! Slipping through the crowds is a pleasure. AND yep - if you can book your first FP's early in the day - I'm finding I can pick up 2-3 more. I don't care a thing what other folks think. I ride Dumbo, IASW, and Barnstormer solo (along with lots of others) My last trip, another solo asked if she could join me at a table for lunch. We chatted some - went on our separate ways - it was nice to hear a bit about why someone else was picking solo travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter