Magic Morning Plan

McKelly

DIS Veteran
OK - we have one Magic Morning with our 3 day ticket. If we DON'T do Peter Pan during Magic Morning, what order would you do other attractions that first hour?

So we went this morning. Alice in Wonderland, tea cups, and dumbo were walk on for the first 20 minutes of magic morning and had longer lines after that (like 10-20 minute waits). The carousel, star tours, and buzz were walk on the whole hour. We did Alice in Wonderland twice, tea cups twice, dumbo, carousel, star tours, then buzz. In that order in an hour. That was with 2 pretty slow kids too.

Pinnochio was closed, not sure if it was having issues or if it just wasn’t included.

Is there a list somewhere of which attractions are open during Magic Morning/EMH? We will also have MM so I’d like to plan which attractions we can do in that time.

We can only do Magic Morning at Disneyland, correct? I thought I read Magic Morning for CA Adventure is reserved for on-site guests, but now I can't find where I read that!

If you are skipping Peter go to Alice first and then Dumbo and Toad. Good idea to do Casey Jr. next. Teacups are almost always a short wait due to high capacity, even later in the day so save for the end of Magic Morning. Pinochio and snow white are pretty short for all of MM and into regular opening so save those. Usually the canal boats open with regular park opening.

Generally Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open for MM. The only ride I think is normally closed is the canal boats.

Does Peter Pan typically have a long wait, even first thing during MM?

Does Peter Pan typically have a long wait, even first thing during MM?
Yes. Unless you are among the first at the gates, even for MM, you will be waiting 30 minutes for PP. We successfully do PP first just about every trip, but basically you will either be waiting 45 minutes at the gate or waiting 30 minutes in the PP line. Take your pick.

If you have little kids it can be hard to get in the line fast enough, especially if you have a stroller. It isn't worth wasting MM time waiting 30 minutes to ride it. If you are lucky enough to get on with minimal wait that's great, if not find something else to do first. I suggest Alice.

Yes. Unless you are among the first at the gates, even for MM, you will be waiting 30 minutes for PP. We successfully do PP first just about every trip, but basically you will either be waiting 45 minutes at the gate or waiting 30 minutes in the PP line. Take your pick.
That’s why I’ve never understood the rush to the gates. You wait anyway!

That's interesting, I was assuming it was because it is at wdw. So I guess the best time to go is right away in the morning?
That is the only time to ride PP without a substantial wait. Except for right after fireworks in the evening where folks gather near the carousel. PP closes during fireworks and you have a shot to ride it after fireworks.

:wizard:

Last edited:
That is the only time to ride PP with a substantial wait. Except for right after fireworks in the evening where folks gather near the carousel. PP closes during fireworks and you have a shot to ride it after fireworks.

Ok, so I guess one morning goes to PP! lol. And then another to Matterhorn, I think.

That is the only time to ride PP with a substantial wait. Except for right after fireworks in the evening where folks gather near the carousel. PP closes during fireworks and you have a shot to ride it after fireworks.

This is interesting. Thanks for this tip. I think we will try at the end of the night, after the fireworks. If it doesn't happen, is WDW Peter Pan similar enough to DL Peter Pan that I shouldn't feel bad if we miss it entirely? We are looking forward to riding some of the same rides to compare the differences.

This is interesting. Thanks for this tip. I think we will try at the end of the night, after the fireworks. If it doesn't happen, is WDW Peter Pan similar enough to DL Peter Pan that I shouldn't feel bad if we miss it entirely? We are looking forward to riding some of the same rides to compare the differences.
If have ridden PP at DLR, WDW, DL Paris and Tokyo DL. I can't keep them all straight in my head to tell you the truth.

Disneyphiles will tell you that:

1) DL has the original from 1955
2) Some new projection effects (in the last 1-2 years) make the DL version cool (not sure if they added those to WDW but I do not think so)

If you have to make a choice, rides like Alice/Toad/StorybookLand/Casey Jr RR/Pinnocchio are preferred over PP for a WDW vet as those do not exist at WDW. Especially Alice!

But if you can make it work, seeing PP at DL is still cool. :)

That’s why I’ve never understood the rush to the gates. You wait anyway!

Well for us, the reason we wait anyway is because I'd rather be waiting at the gate, which is non-park time, than taking up park time waiting at the ride. That and because we have done it so often that being first at the gate and PP first has become something of a tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter