Magic Morning Plan

For Magic Morning, it says 7 am, so do we need to be there@ like 630 ?? Its our last park day, not sure if we will want to get up that early. LOL But we may base that on how we fare the 1st 3 days of our trip and see if we feel its necessary :)

For Magic Morning, it says 7 am, so do we need to be there@ like 630 ?? Its our last park day, not sure if we will want to get up that early. LOL But we may base that on how we fare the 1st 3 days of our trip and see if we feel its necessary :)
LOL, yes 7AM and that is why most of us encourage folks to use MM as early in their trip as they can - first day if possible. With a 7AM MM that usually means to get to the turnstiles at 6:30AM if you want to take full advantage and especially if you want to ride PP first. That further means getting to security at 6:20-6:30.

I guess you can say it weeds out those who are not very serious about their DL!

:wizard:

We try to get to get there at least 45 minutes before MM to have a shot at PP without a big wait.

LOL, yes 7AM and that is why most of us encourage folks to use MM as early in their trip as they can - first day if possible. With a 7AM MM that usually means to get to the turnstiles at 6:30AM if you want to take full advantage and especially if you want to ride PP first. That further means getting to security at 6:20-6:30.

I guess you can say it weeds out those who are not very serious about their DL!

:wizard:
This is where I am hoping coming from the east coast will work to our advantage, since we’ll feel like it’s 3 hours later than it actually is. At least in theory. Ask me later how it really was getting my kids out the door of the hotel by 6:15am.

Since you have to walk by Peter Pan to get to Alice you can eyeball it on the spot. But I agree that you could get 3-4 non-WDW rides done during the time it could take you to do Peter Pan. Honestly I'd rather knock out 5-6 rides during EMH and then wait 30 minutes during regular hours to ride PP than spending those precious EE 20-30 minutes in the PP line.

Also the canal boats run very few boats during the first hour they are open. Short line, long wait/ride. The subs are that too x10.

PHXscuba

I'm so glad that the Nemo subs were mentioned. I was just trying to come up with a plan for riding them and was considering doing it during our MM. My 4 year old has some behavioral/sensory issues, so we have never been able to ride the subs (he can't handle a long wait in line), but he is REALLY wanting to on our trip next month. Any tips? :)

Does Peter Pan typically have a long wait, even first thing during MM?

Starting from morning onward, the line for PP starts building quickly. The average wait for PP during the day is around 45 minutes. Less than that is a good wait time. So 30 minutes or less is great.

... So I guess the best time to go is right away in the morning?

If you can be one of the first in line in the morning, terrific! If not, wait until later in the day when you can invest the time. For example, if you can eat lunch while waiting in line, that takes care of two things at once.
One of our favorite ways to do PP is to make it our last ride of the night. Get in line about 10 minutes before park closing. Enjoy the pretty lights in FL. Enjoy a snack in line. Then exit the ride to a closed park. Main Street stays open an hour after park closing, so do some shopping if you'd like or stop at Market House/Starbucks. Then bid "good night" to DL -- magical!

I'm so glad that the Nemo subs were mentioned. I was just trying to come up with a plan for riding them and was considering doing it during our MM. My 4 year old has some behavioral/sensory issues, so we have never been able to ride the subs (he can't handle a long wait in line), but he is REALLY wanting to on our trip next month. Any tips? :)

There is an alternate viewing room for the subs to the right side, toward the Autopia side. Before you get in line, ask a CM where to go. You will be directed to a separate line (there is hardly ever anyone else waiting). A CM will let you into the room. There is bench seating where you will view the sub window on a screen while you hear the narrator audio. Sometimes you have to share the room with other guests. If this is a problem, tell the CM. You can wait for the next round.

Last edited:
If you must do the subs and can't handle a wait, I suppose early is the best time (the line for the subs doesn't grow nearly as quickly as the line for PP does, so you can do some other things first), but it does eat up a whole bunch of time. So just be aware of that. I still wouldn't do them during MM. The first hour or two after regular park opening should see acceptable line lengths.

Starting from morning onward, the line for PP starts building quickly. The average wait for PP during the day is around 45 minutes. Less than that is a good wait time. So 30 minutes or less is great.

If you can be one of the first in line in the morning, terrific! If not, wait until later in the day when you can invest the time. For example, if you can eat lunch while waiting in line, that takes care of two things at once.
One of our favorite ways to do PP is to make it our last ride of the night. Get in line about 10 minutes before park closing. Enjoy the pretty lights in FL. Enjoy a snack in line. Then exit the ride to a closed park. Main Street stays open an hour after park closing, so do some shopping if you'd like or stop at Market House/Starbucks. Then bid "good night" to DL -- magical!

There is an alternate viewing room for the subs to the right side, toward the Autopia side. Before you get in line, ask a CM where to go. You will be directed to a separate line (there is hardly ever anyone else waiting). A CM will let you into the room. There is bench seating where you will view the sub window on a screen while you hear the narrator audio. Sometimes you have to share the room with other guests. If this is a problem, tell the CM. You can wait for the next round.

We've done the alternate viewing room. No wait, and it was perfect for our son who isn't a fan of small spaces.

Do the subs first if it’s important to you to ride with a short line. This is an incredibly slow loading ride so if you are on the first sub...yay! You should still have time to do a few other rides but expect it to take 30 minutes if you are on the first sub.

Are we still looking at a 45 minute wait at the very end of the night? Say...a midnight close?
We have waited by the carousel during the fireworks and got on right away afterwards. But technically you are still “waiting” for the ride even if it’s not in the queue.

Yea, Nemo at the start of MM is a waste. I went in there, was the first one there and had to wait 5 more minutes for more people to show up before dispatching.

Are we still looking at a 45 minute wait at the very end of the night? Say...a midnight close?
We have waited by the carousel during the fireworks and got on right away afterwards. But technically you are still “waiting” for the ride even if it’s not in the queue.
I was there in December and the wait at 11:50pm was crazy. I went over to Big Thunder and walked onto that instead.

Certainly YMMV.

Are we still looking at a 45 minute wait at the very end of the night? Say...a midnight close?..

I'd guesstimate that our average park-close wait for PP is about 30 minutes, sometimes a bit more, but rarely less. But with a nice snack, good company, and the lights of FL, it is a relaxing way to slow down at the end of the night.

Yea, Nemo at the start of MM is a waste. I went in there, was the first one there and had to wait 5 more minutes for more people to show up before dispatching.

Yeah. Being first on Nemo isn't that helpful. Go to FL and choose several rides to walk on. Then just before MM ends head to Tomorrowland and get in line for Nemo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!