MagicBand Special Effects

LiveToTravelNicely

You said it Doc. Imagination is a blast!
Hi All! I've recently discovered (on YouTube) that the Limited Edition MagicBands have special effects at the Mickey tapstiles. Does anyone know if the other non-limited edition, but not-free magicbands also have special effects? Example, at the shop Disney website, there's a Sorcerer Mickey Mouse MB2 for $22.99, but it does not say limited edition and it is not priced at 27.99 as the bands that are marked limited edition are priced. Would this band do anything at the tapstiles?

Because I am DVC and/or a AP holder, my tap-styles glow a different color. I only have the standard bands that are sent when you book your reservation.

The only special effect magic band I've had was an candy cane striped band that was a MVMCP exclusive. After you scanned it at the turnstile and the light turned green, it turned red/white striped and played a bell sound

Hi All! I've recently discovered (on YouTube) that the Limited Edition MagicBands have special effects at the Mickey tapstiles. Does anyone know if the other non-limited edition, but not-free magicbands also have special effects? Example, at the shop Disney website, there's a Sorcerer Mickey Mouse MB2 for $22.99, but it does not say limited edition and it is not priced at 27.99 as the bands that are marked limited edition are priced. Would this band do anything at the tapstiles?

Only limited edition magic bands have special effects.

There is a great website that shows all of the magic bands, including the limited edition ones as well as their sound effects and locations...

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/extras/fp-videos/

This isn't a retail site nor soliciting site, so hopefully this is permissible without contravening the posting rules and not being a sponsor?

We picked up 5 of the Incredibles 2 limited edition bands for all the family:

Because I am DVC and/or a AP holder, my tap-styles glow a different color. I only have the standard bands that are sent when you book your reservation.
I never knew they do that. Next trip I will be a DVC member and will have to see if my band does anything different

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter