Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, after seeing what they did (and didn't do) with RoL, I totally get a real Epcot fan being nervous about this.
But they're limited wrt fireworks and tech in AK -- not so in Epcot. A lot more options to put together a spectacular show, IMO.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of having a replacement show for Illuminations before the permanent replacement? Why not just leave it as Illuminations?
There are a number of physical installations associated with the current Illuminations show, and a number of physical installations associated with the eventual permanent replacement. Presumably, while the interim show is being presented they'll dismantle the physical installations associated with the current Illuminations show and then build the physical installations associated with the eventual permanent replacement.

We're set to return to Disney for Jersey Week again in 2019 and DH mentioned that he read/heard that Star Wars wont be ready until closer to December. @rteetz your info is pretty accurate is pretty spot on, any input?

We don’t know for sure. Disney has moved to saying Fall 2019 instead of Late Fall so who knows right now.
One insider we trust alot at WDWMagic.com - has stated the original time table was set for Oct. of 2019 for both - but that they are in no position right now to confirm if that will happen. However, I believe Iger or someone recently stated Oct. as a target date...again, until I see an announcement, I would not plan on it.

One insider we trust alot at WDWMagic.com - has stated the original time table was set for Oct. of 2019 for both - but that they are in no position right now to confirm if that will happen. However, I believe Iger or someone recently stated Oct. as a target date...again, until I see an announcement, I would not plan on it.
Iger didn’t say October I believe he said by the end of the fiscal year which is Oct. 1st. That seems a little early but would be nice if that’s the case.

I read that AKL are supposed to have room refurbishments that should have started in August, but I haven’t seen anywhere that they actually started and some places don’t have the refurbishment listed. Does anyone know if they are still happening, delayed, or canceled?

I read that AKL are supposed to have room refurbishments that should have started in August, but I haven’t seen anywhere that they actually started and some places don’t have the refurbishment listed. Does anyone know if they are still happening, delayed, or canceled?
Good question.

We don’t know for sure. Disney has moved to saying Fall 2019 instead of Late Fall so who knows right now.

Interesting. I hope it ISNT open the last week of September. We literally arrive on the last day of summer 2019, so I think we are safe.

In memoriam for 2018. We also lost a few select entertainment things like select Citizens of Hollywood performers and the Showbot robot in Tomorrowland.

Things that have closed in 2018
1. Flights of Wonder Jan. 1st, 2018
2. Circle of Life film at The Land - February 4th, 2018
3. LittleMissMatched Disney Springs February 25th, 2018
4. Sweet Spells at Hollywood Studios - April 16th, 2018
5. Pixar Place June 30th, 2018
6. Simba's Clubhouse Animal Kingdom Lodge July 31st, 2018
7. Sandcastle Club Beach Club July 31st, 2018
8. Lilo's Playhouse Polynesian July 31st, 2018
9. Sammy Duvall's Watersports August 30th, 2018
10. Disney Junior Live On Stage September 2nd, 2018
11. Disney Design a Tee Disney Springs September 2018
12. Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial September 30th, 2018
13. Starlord and Groot Meet at DHS September 30th, 2018
14. Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial September 30th, 2018
15. Rafiki's Planet Watch October 2018
16. The Disney Corner October 2018
17. Move It Shake It Dance and Play It! December 2nd, 2018
18. Artist Point December 2018
19. Mickey's Backyard BBQ December 31st, 2018
20. Stitch's Great Escape (no specific date)

In memoriam for 2018. We also lost a few select entertainment things like select Citizens of Hollywood performers and the Showbot robot in Tomorrowland.

Things that have closed in 2018
1. Flights of Wonder Jan. 1st, 2018
2. Circle of Life film at The Land - February 4th, 2018
3. LittleMissMatched Disney Springs February 25th, 2018
4. Sweet Spells at Hollywood Studios - April 16th, 2018
5. Pixar Place June 30th, 2018
6. Simba's Clubhouse Animal Kingdom Lodge July 31st, 2018
7. Sandcastle Club Beach Club July 31st, 2018
8. Lilo's Playhouse Polynesian July 31st, 2018
9. Sammy Duvall's Watersports August 30th, 2018
10. Disney Junior Live On Stage September 2nd, 2018
11. Disney Design a Tee Disney Springs September 2018
12. Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial September 30th, 2018
13. Starlord and Groot Meet at DHS September 30th, 2018
14. Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial September 30th, 2018
15. Rafiki's Planet Watch October 2018
16. The Disney Corner October 2018
17. Move It Shake It Dance and Play It! December 2nd, 2018
18. Artist Point December 2018
19. Mickey's Backyard BBQ December 31st, 2018
20. Stitch's Great Escape (no specific date)
We also lost paradise pier...
And Jedi training at DLR

I looked at the video of the new Star Wars attractions:
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
Rise of the Resistance
Does anyone knows how much of those are Virtual Reality? Star Tour makes my motion sickness prone DH turn green.
I would say the Falcon attraction would probably now be great for your husband then. It will be a simulator type attraction.

Rise of the resistance is a trackless dark ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts