Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but think of how many people it'll pull from the other parks, to free those up. There's always 2 sides of the coin....Or even better...TSMM will have 10 minutes S/B waits..:teeth::bounce:
Not my thinking on this at all. SWGE will attract visitors who have never been to WDW, haven’t been in years, and/or were specifically putting off trips until it was completed. I expect crowds to go up WDW-wide when SWGE opens.

Not my thinking on this at all. SWGE will attract visitors who have never been to WDW, haven’t been in years, and/or were specifically putting off trips until it was completed. I expect crowds to go up WDW-wide when SWGE opens.
I think they will go up too. Universal saw a pretty sharp crowd increase when opening Harry Potter and I think this will be even larger because it will attract a group of people that may not necessarily visit Disney otherwise.

On the other hand, we visit Disney annually (Easter) and that is the year we are planning a completely non-disney Florida (Easter after SWL opens scares me =)). Maybe there will be more like us and crowd levels won't be as bad.

@rteetz and @Phicinfan I was just reading that Guardians (and possibly other Epcot construction currently underway) is looking to be done by the end of 2020 (per Martin and MansionButler).
I thought 2020 was only for Ratatouille and Mary Poppins. GOTG seems to be a little fuzzier, but I think by 2021 is a good bet for the 50th.

I thought 2020 was only for Ratatouille and Mary Poppins. GOTG seems to be a little fuzzier, but I think by 2021 is a good bet for the 50th.
It seems Disney wants current Epcot work done by the end of 2020 and then MK work done by 2021 for the 50th. MK should of course be the focus of the 50th.

@rteetz and @Phicinfan I was just reading that Guardians (and possibly other Epcot construction currently underway) is looking to be done by the end of 2020 (per Martin and MansionButler).
Per some insiders the plan is to have Rat, UK ride, GotG and space restaurant done by sometime 2020, and then some other enhancements will come later. But as @rteetz calls out....that was before some of the delays.

Maybe,? Maybe not, but there's no use at least as of now to worry about. We all just have to go w/ the flow and unfortunately deal with it...I do hope it frees up other things, but you could be right...

Maybe,? Maybe not, but there's no use at least as of now to worry about. We all just have to go w/ the flow and unfortunately deal with it...I do hope it frees up other things, but you could be right...
I'm not worried at all. I'm sure it will be IN-SANE, but will still be worth it. :)

I am of two minds on this.

I do think SW:GE will pull the huge SW fans, I also think it will pull Disney fans who are hankering for something totally new. So it will be really swamped to begin with.

But then again, I am not a SW fan, so I will only worry about visiting it after its been open a year or two....and enjoy the new Mickey ride and enjoy Tron and such at MK ;)

I am of two minds on this.

I do think SW:GE will pull the huge SW fans, I also think it will pull Disney fans who are hankering for something totally new. So it will be really swamped to begin with.

But then again, I am not a SW fan, so I will only worry about visiting it after its been open a year or two....and enjoy the new Mickey ride and enjoy Tron and such at MK ;)
Tron and MK will probably still be crazy busy when Star Wars opens.

Tron and MK will probably still be crazy busy when Star Wars opens.
I wonder some.
MK will always be busy, simply due to the amount they have to do there, and it is really the main draw. Especially with the add of Tron - redo of the speedway, and perhaps....some other add instead of the theater.

But DHS will be a HUGE draw if SW:GE is as immersive as it looks...just HUGE. Add Mickey ride and TSL for the little ones...and it moves up the list of places to go.

I wonder if the adds to Epcot will be enough - Rat and UK ride and GotG isn't a whole lot to pull from SW and MK

I'm hopeful they'll do a better job preparing for the masses that will come.

Was wondering that as well, but at a loss of what they should do.

Prioritize of course but still.

I wonder some.
MK will always be busy, simply due to the amount they have to do there, and it is really the main draw. Especially with the add of Tron - redo of the speedway, and perhaps....some other add instead of the theater.

But DHS will be a HUGE draw if SW:GE is as immersive as it looks...just HUGE. Add Mickey ride and TSL for the little ones...and it moves up the list of places to go.

I wonder if the adds to Epcot will be enough - Rat and UK ride and GotG isn't a whole lot to pull from SW and MK[/QUOTE

I guess it depends on what all ends up happening in total. We know that the access to park is changing with the Skyliner. They already have Frozen Ever After and the Three Caballeros. To this they are adding Ratatouille (big time family E-Ticket trackless ride), a UK Mary Poppins C Ticket dark ride, and an improved China pavilion movie theater experience. They also just updated the American Adventure show. Martin has already hinted that there are also upwards of 3 more restaurants being considered for World Showcase and the Odyssey is being refurbished. Also, don't forget that almost every insider has indicated that Brazil is definitely coming as some preliminary work has already started for this backstage.

Now, in the past few years Test Track and Soarin' have both been updated, along with Mission:Space. Now add a Guardians of the Galaxy indoor coaster and a new space restaurant. Martin has been hinting lately that the WoL building might now be getting some consideration for an attraction. The entrance, fountain, central spine and the Innoventions areas are all being rumored for a huge aesthetics upgrade. Also, a new resort might be appearing near the front of the park or off to the side a bit.

I can't believe that SSE and Imagination - in the mid to long term - are not in the plans. Martin and Magicfeather have also talked about a significant upgrade to the Living Seas Pavilion. And none should forget that Illuminations is being replaced.

All of this actually changes the Epcot park experience significantly. SW:GE will no doubt be a HUGE draw. But I think that this will do wonders for Epcot.

Having recently visited avatar for the first time. If Star Wars gets that level of detail, it will be a veeeeerrry popular area. I'm hopeful they'll do a better job preparing for the masses that will come.
Yup.. and have late EMH PARKWIDE and not JUST in SWGE like they did with Pandora... that was LUDICROUS!

Per some insiders the plan is to have Rat, UK ride, GotG and space restaurant done by sometime 2020, and then some other enhancements will come later. But as @rteetz calls out....that was before some of the delays.

Seems like the plan at Epcot is to add rides for the 50th to help with the crowds but a lot of the reworking of Future world being kicked further down the road

I wouldn't say "kicked" further down the road as much as "inevitably planned for later" given how much construction is already planned for the next several years. I've never seen anything reported as coming from Disney regarding the broader Epcot overhaul that mentioned a specific date much less a date prior to 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!