Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to know I'm not the only one that reacts to the train whistle. Dh was watching a golf tournament held on Disney property after our first trip to WDW and the train whistle came across the TV. I immediately burst into tears while dh looked at me dumbfounded and couldn't figure out what I was crying about. I tried to explain that the sound of the train triggered a sudden unexpected emotional response in me but he just didn't get it.
I bought a cheap plastic train set to put under the Christmas tree years ago because it had a button on the station house that sounded just like the MK! The train and tracks are long gone, but I saved the station house and change the batteries every year, just to hear the whistle. It goes very well with my monorail magnet that plays 3 announcements, including Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas. *sigh*

The first page of this thread has Ratatouille opening Summer 2020 and the Guardians of the Galaxy opening in Spring 2020. I am wondering if anyone has updates on the progress of Ratatouille. This is my daughter's favorite Disney movie and I am tentatively planning a summer trip.

Just bumping this question in hopes someone has an update on the progress of this ride.

The poster that can be seen from the skyliner next to the construction area says Spring 2020 :)
Great! I am planning an early summer trip - June 8-12 and was afraid the ride would open after that in later summer. So, the Spring 2020 sign is huge! Hopefully, it will open as scheduled! I figure it has a good chance to since it is the same or very similar to the ride running in Paris so there should not be too many unknowns with it, at least as far as construction of it.

I've lost track, since it has closed so many times now... what is going on with "Walt Disney World Railroad Closure 2020"?

Oh, it is closed now? Wow. I thought for some reason they opened it again because the Tron construction by the tracks was done enough to run the train. Guess I thought wrong. So, I'm guessing the railroad closure is pretty much all Tron related at this point?

Oh, it is closed now? Wow. I thought for some reason they opened it again because the Tron construction by the tracks was done enough to run the train. Guess I thought wrong. So, I'm guessing the railroad closure is pretty much all Tron related at this point?
It’s been closed for quite sometime. Yes it’s all Tron related.

There were some rumors / speculation that it might close for a bit, then reopen when it could, then close again when needed - but in the end it just stayed down and will be down until Fall 2020. Not sure if plans changed or that rumor was just fully wrong to begin with

I was playing golf on Saturday on the Magnolia course next to the Grand Floridian and I swear I thought I heard the train whistle several times.

I was playing golf on the Magnolia course next to the Grand Floridian and I swear I thought I heard the train whistle several times.
They will blow the whistle once in a while maybe. The train can go to and from the train house. Also the steamboat has a whistle. It could’ve been that.

And possibly Spaceship Earth. The closing for that has yet to be announced.

I wondered about that- but would they close TT AND SE at the same time, when TT is only closed for about 6 weeks? There would really be nothing at all except soarin’ at Epcot for Adults then, when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!