Major Issues with My Disney Experience App?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey everyone,

I have an iPhone running the latest iOS update as well as the most current update of the MDE app. I called Disney tech support about it and after sitting around with them on the phone for over an hour, they weren’t able to figure out how to help me either and they’re just telling me to use the web and hope for another update to come along to fix it.

Basically, what is happening is that ever since the latest update to the app, the app on my phone has been crashing 9/10 times that I start it up. It gets to the Walt Disney World logo on the blue screen, then moves onto the next screen where you usually see the fireworks animation before the map and stuff pops up and more often than not, it will crash my app and exit to my home screen.

There has only been very few times I’ve gotten into the app itself and when I have, my plans section of the app is completely blank except for our resort info. No FP+ no ADRs, nothing. I have tried everything I can think of to get it working again. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times, powered off my phone, updated my iOS, waited a few days to see if it would resume normal operation. Nothing has worked thus far and our trip is getting closer...

The weird part is, I’ve had three of my friends (two Android users and one iPhone user) to log in to their apps and there’s all worked just fine. It’s seemingly “just me”. However when I was on the phone, the CM I spoke to did mention that other iPhone users were also reporting problems here and there as well.

Is anybody here experiencing these issues too?? I have no idea what to do at this point... :(

What iPhone do you have? A year ago when I had a 6 I had these same issues and it was unusable, so I just used the website. I have an 8 now and it's much better but far from perfect, I still find using the website more stable.

My family of 5 all have iPhone 6 and when we visited for a week in summer of 2018 we had the same issue multiple times for all of us. My son is there now on DCP with the same phone and he says it is better but not what you would expect from Disney.

What iPhone do you have? A year ago when I had a 6 I had these same issues and it was unusable, so I just used the website. I have an 8 now and it's much better but far from perfect, I still find using the website more stable.

I have an iPhone 8 as well.

Used to happen to me on the 6 as well. I upgraded not just the phone but the size of the memory and I've had MUCH less trouble. Get a phone with a bigger brain. (I have the mid-sized now.)

I have an X and also had issues, of course at the worst possible time, trying to get a boarding group for rotr. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it’s been working more consistently than yesterday.

This started happening to me as well with the latest MDE update a few days ago. iPhone X user here. It’s beyond frustrating and the “symptoms” are exactly what you describe. Nothing has worked for me, and I have accepted that I will just need to wait for the next update.

This is exactly what's been going on with my phone, iPhone 8. It struggles opening if it even opens, and I deleted and re-downloaded it and now nothing shows except my hotel reservation. FPs and ADRs show only on the website.

I would just ignore it and use the website, but I'm worried it won't be functioning properly when we need to use it get a BG in about a month.

Just today, after the app self updated, it runs real slow. Interestingly, I opened and closed the app several times and it got progressively faster until it was in the normal 14 second range from launch to dashboard. Running on iPhone X.

Hey everyone,

I have an iPhone running the latest iOS update as well as the most current update of the MDE app. I called Disney tech support about it and after sitting around with them on the phone for over an hour, they weren’t able to figure out how to help me either and they’re just telling me to use the web and hope for another update to come along to fix it.

Basically, what is happening is that ever since the latest update to the app, the app on my phone has been crashing 9/10 times that I start it up. It gets to the Walt Disney World logo on the blue screen, then moves onto the next screen where you usually see the fireworks animation before the map and stuff pops up and more often than not, it will crash my app and exit to my home screen.

There has only been very few times I’ve gotten into the app itself and when I have, my plans section of the app is completely blank except for our resort info. No FP+ no ADRs, nothing. I have tried everything I can think of to get it working again. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times, powered off my phone, updated my iOS, waited a few days to see if it would resume normal operation. Nothing has worked thus far and our trip is getting closer...

The weird part is, I’ve had three of my friends (two Android users and one iPhone user) to log in to their apps and there’s all worked just fine. It’s seemingly “just me”. However when I was on the phone, the CM I spoke to did mention that other iPhone users were also reporting problems here and there as well.

Is anybody here experiencing these issues too?? I have no idea what to do at this point... :(
I have this same problem on my iPad. Weirdly, the app works fine on my iPhone. Started yesterday after I updated the app.

I've had these problems, too. I find myself using the web more often than not. Honestly, I think it's faster on the web, anyway. 🤷‍♀️

This is all a real shame. Using the web is all well and good, sure... but can boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance even be acquired via the internet website?? I seem to think not... maybe I’m wrong.

No, it can’t. That’s my worry right now. Mobile site works fine for everything else, but I’ll need the app working well for that.

Hopefully your trip isn’t too soon! Mine’s in March so I’m hoping a miracle update will repair glitches...

If it helps, when my dad and brother went in October I helped them by getting their FPs so their batteries wouldn’t be low in the parks and the app was being slow so I just signed in on disneyworld.com and it was WAY faster. I only really worried about FPs but ADRs and other reservations work too on the web I think. The only problem is you have to sign in every time but it’s definitely worth it.

No, it can’t. That’s my worry right now. Mobile site works fine for everything else, but I’ll need the app working well for that.

can you even see dining entitlements through the web?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!