Major Issues with My Disney Experience App?

My DF was having similar problems on his iphoneX before we left for disney. We had several attempts with disney IT before one of them told him to delete the Play Disney App, download disneyland's app and log in through there. Then the world app should work and you can delete the land and restore play disney.

I have no reasoning behind any of the above other than we did it, and the app worked perfectly for our whole trip. Something with the separate apps trigger the others to work :confused3

This app update has been a strange one. iPhone 11 Pro with the latest MDE software (and the latest iOS update that came out recently) and I have had zero app issues (for once).
Same here., except I have the 11 ProMax (512 GB)
It was awful but been fine/stable for several months now.
I do run the Beta version of the iOS though. Right now, it's the same as the public release version., 13.3.1 (as of yesterday)

Same here., except I have the 11 ProMax (512 GB)
It was awful but been fine/stable for several months now.
I do run the Beta version of the iOS though. Right now, it's the same as the public release version., 13.3.1 (as of yesterday)

I know, right? Mine has been solid as a rock even with heavy use - the last few months and currently.

It will probably be like that until I next step foot on property. 8-)

What’s weird is that I just noticed that when I re-download the app and first go into it, I can actually navigate the app pretty well without it freezing or crashing. HOWEVER... the issue comes in when I actually sign in to my account profile on the app. Then it decides to get all finicky and when I try to re-enter it will often crash on the initial blue loading screen. Not sure why! Account info loading issues?

My app will not work and we are leaving on Thursday. If it does load, it says I do not have any plans. :scared: My DH's app is the same. Unfortunately I updated and I have the iphone11. I guess I will have to take my laptop because that is the only place I can see my plans.

My app will not work and we are leaving on Thursday. If it does load, it says I do not have any plans. :scared: My DH's app is the same. Unfortunately I updated and I have the iphone11. I guess I will have to take my laptop because that is the only place I can see my plans.

I pray Disney releases an update fix ASAP!!

I am having the same issue on my iPhone 7. The app almost always crashes upon opening. When it DOES load, my FP and ADR plans aren’t visible . I use the web instead but am really hoping this is fixed before we go in a couple of weeks. I want a BG!

You can browse to the website on your phone's browser.
It won't help you get a boarding group but you can see your plans.
Have you tried to sign out and back in to the app? Even if it says you are signed in? I have to do that often. Heck, there are times I can see Join a Boarding Group link but if I try to click on my resort info I have to sign out and back in to get to that. So figure that out
Doesn't crash though

You can browse to the website on your phone's browser.
It won't help you get a boarding group but you can see your plans.
Have you tried to sign out and back in to the app? Even if it says you are signed in? I have to do that often. Heck, there are times I can see Join a Boarding Group link but if I try to click on my resort info I have to sign out and back in to get to that. So figure that out
Doesn't crash though
Great idea!! Why did I not think of that? The browser trick will at least keep us organized! Thank you!

For those of you having problems, what app version of MDE and what ios are you running?

I started noting this the day MMRR FP released, thought it was just the FP release. then when it continued I updated my Iphone 10 IOS software
now it doesn't get passed the main page and crashes. Seems it was the new MDE update that is the issue.

I have uninstalled play disney. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times. Tried logging into DL app then MDE, still nothing.

Also called WDW Help deks and was advised the following\;

• They said they are aware it is due to the new IOS update/ not compatible with MDE update
  • created a ticket and are working on it
  • I asked what can be done upon arrival at the park regarding FP if this is still occurring, advised to use web browsers, kiosk or call back can see what to do.
  • Regarding BG for ROTR, no option other than the APP. Unfortunately they are aware the app is not compatible with the new IOS update on the iphone ( I have a X ) and are trying to sort this out.
  • Didnt have a solution on how to obtain a boarding group
  • Said try to open the disneyland app, then open MDE afterwards. Which I tried while on phone with the representative and it did not work. SHe said this was the only option they have been advised to try it to get it to load. Other than that just what I noted above.
Our trip is in a few short weeks as well. No other option that to wait this being sorting out. When I look at the app description box, it seems they take 4 weeks up work out bugs/update app issues :/

If it's not compatible with the new iOS then why is mine working fine?

If someone has an app issue and is trying to get a boarding group there are CM there who can get a group for you. If you know your app isn't working then station yourself near one and don't even try on your device.

If it's not compatible with the new iOS then why is mine working fine?

If someone has an app issue and is trying to get a boarding group there are CM there who can get a group for you. If you know your app isn't working then station yourself near one and don't even try on your device.
Because it's not as simple as you're making it sound.
Apple has released tons of IOS updates that have caused serious security threats or complete phone software breakdowns for SOME users. Bugs are not always universal, and data and how it is used and operated by your phone, the apps it runs, and the communication channel open are all factors in why or why not.

with MDE, it could be account specific. There have been bugs, hacks, and glitches on dozens of apps (Facebook, instagram, Target) that have only affected SOME users based on random pieces of the algorithm.
My SO is a software engineer and developer. Code is not an exact science, and it is far from perfect. 80% of his job is not writing and building code, it's fixing bugs and errors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter