Making a reservation at 8 a.m., how far in the process can you go ahead of time?

sgrap

DIS Veteran
If you are wanting to make a new reservation right at 8 a.m. at the 7 month mark, how far in the online reservation process can you go just before 8 a.m.? Do you have to wait to start the search at 8 a.m., or can you get to the point where you check availability? I don't want to be all ready but then have to start over because it doesn't refresh for the new availability (if any of that makes sense). Thanks!

Anyone else having troubling logging in this morning? Have tried different browsers and different computers with no luck. Trying to check availability for a June trip at a non-home resort.

You cannot go beyond the first page until 8 a.m. if you are exactly 7 months out from arrival date.

And yes, both my DVC and MDE site log-ins this morning are telling me my user name or password is wrong and cannot log in.

It's the wonderful world of Disney websites! They're very fickle.

It's the wonderful world of Disney websites! They're very fickle.
Yes, we found that out at 4:45 a.m. when it wouldn't let us sign in, saying we had the wrong password! The passwords are saved and do it automatically on my computer. We changed the password--nothing. Finally at 4:57 it signed us in with our original password and I was able to get the page up and ready with about 10 seconds to spare! Talk about stressful!!!! The good news it that it worked and we were able to do the 2 computer hold one while cancelling the other trick. WHEW!!!!!!!!!! Then to try to get back to sleep after all the adrenal, that wasn't easy.

How does the holding one whilst cancelling another work exactly?

Supersnoops's procedure is as follows. It works only if you would have to borrow some of the points to make the new reservation if you did not cancel the exisitng one.

1. You need two different browers, e.g. Chrome and Internet Explorer (or use two different computers, e.g., a desktop and iPad). Sign into the DVC Member site with both browsers.

2. On one browser go to your existing reservation, click details, and get to the page where you can start cancellation of the exisitng reservation.

3. On other browser, start to set up your new desired reservation on the first page where you can make reservations and once done click to get to the availability page. If what you want is available, click to get to the next page where your reservation is locked in for 20 minutes and you choose points for the reservation. The points shown will be those left without the ones from the existing reservation. Choose the applicable contract(s) and the Borrow icon should come alive. Click on it to bring up the Borrow window and then do nothing.

3. Return to the other browser and cancel the prior reservation. Do absolutely nothing except the steps needed to complete the cancellation.

4. Return to the other browser and click "Cancel" in the Borrow window. The page will refresh itself and show all your points from the cancelled reservation. Now just continue as you would in choosing contracts and doing all the steps necessary to complete the new reservation within the remainder of the 20 minutes allowed

I have used the method twice and it has worked. Others have also reported success. There have been reports that there may be problems with the system when Poly is involved. That seems to be a continuation of the issue that there have been many problems with the system when Poly is involved, including actual availabilty of Poly not being shown correctly in the check availability tool and, in the reservation section, the system's showing availability and allowing you to to go to the page that locks in the reservation for 20 minutes when, in fact, there is no availability for what you want at Poly, and thus the system at some point before you complete the reservation just sends you back to the first reservation page.

Supersnoops's procedure is as follows. It works only if you would have to borrow some of the points to make the new reservation if you did not cancel the exisitng one.

1. You need two different browers, e.g. Chrome and Internet Explorer (or use two different computers, e.g., a desktop and iPad). Sign into the DVC Member site with both browsers.

Brilliant. Thank you. This has bothered me for awhile, glad there is a solution.

2. On one browser go to your existing reservation, click details, and get to the page where you can start cancellation of the exisitng reservation.

3. On other browser, start to set up your new desired reservation on the first page where you can make reservations and once done click to get to the availability page. If what you want is available, click to get to the next page where your reservation is locked in for 20 minutes and you choose points for the reservation. The points shown will be those left without the ones from the existing reservation. Choose the applicable contract(s) and the Borrow icon should come alive. Click on it to bring up the Borrow window and then do nothing.

3. Return to the other browser and cancel the prior reservation. Do absolutely nothing except the steps needed to complete the cancellation.

4. Return to the other browser and click "Cancel" in the Borrow window. The page will refresh itself and show all your points from the cancelled reservation. Now just continue as you would in choosing contracts and doing all the steps necessary to complete the new reservation within the remainder of the 20 minutes allowed

I have used the method twice and it has worked. Others have also reported success. There have been reports that there may be problems with the system when Poly is involved. That seems to be a continuation of the issue that there have been many problems with the system when Poly is involved, including actual availabilty of Poly not being shown correctly in the check availability tool and, in the reservation section, the system's showing availability and allowing you to to go to the page that locks in the reservation for 20 minutes when, in fact, there is no availability for what you want at Poly, and thus the system at some point before you complete the reservation just sends you back to the first reservation page.
Thank you. Replying so I can find this again.

You have to wait until 8 AM ET.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ Got questions about DVC? ★ ☆ ★ ☆

★ ☆ ★ THE DVC INFORMATION CENTER ★ ☆ ★

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
So to really split hairs on the technique- should I not even navigate beyond the homepage prior to 8, or can I be on the "booking page" with the pull down menu items pre-selected i.e. Dates, resort and room type and just hover over the enter button until 8? We tried for our post thanksgiving week to be on top of it at 8, but we didn't get what we were after. Full disclosure- we were going for CCV's along with 1000's of our closest friends :)

Thanks!

So to really split hairs on the technique- should I not even navigate beyond the homepage prior to 8, or can I be on the "booking page" with the pull down menu items pre-selected i.e. Dates, resort and room type and just hover over the enter button until 8? We tried for our post thanksgiving week to be on top of it at 8, but we didn't get what we were after. Full disclosure- we were going for CCV's along with 1000's of our closest friends :)

Thanks!

You can be on the booking page and have things selected. Then just wait to hit the search button.

I know I will need this at some point!! thank you

has anyone had luck with this recently? I tried it this morning and my points would not refresh.

Can you open two browsers to make two new reservations at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!