Making a series of one night reservations - will we have to move?

MinnesotaChill

Mouseketeer
I realize there are no absolutes, but we are trying to reserve for Jan 15-19 and can only find one night reservations. The kind of reservation we want is available all four nights, but we're being told we can't "link" reservations and there's a chance we'll have to move each day.

We're pretty long (42' F'er), so some of the sites are a challenge and we'd prefer not to go through that hassle. If they were pull thru, no problem, but it took us 45 min the last time we were there due to the electrical box and garbages, and other rigs.

Thoughts? We tried the FW main number but they were no help except to say that we'd be told the situation at check in.

Disney's got such a stupid reservation system. I realize they're trying to avoid "orphan" room nights that don't generate revenue but seriously? Then people have to do stuff like Chill is because of it.

Make your series of 1-night reservations, Chill (on-line or via phone). You'll pay a 1-night deposit on each so you are essentially pre-paying for the stay. I'm assuming these are all the same type (all Premium, all Full, etc.)

Wait a few days (maybe 2-3 after making sure you get all the confirmation emails) then call the reservation line back and ask to have them merged together. The standard Disney Reservation phone line CM CAN NOT do it. They have to transfer you to another group called "Guest Services". They will take your info and merge them into one seamless reservation that is 4 nights long using one of the 4 existing reservation numbers that you already have. They will move the deposits you paid as well so you should still owe nothing.

I've done this with three different reservations (one night up front, one night at the end, and a multi-night in the middle). So it should work in theory for four. Ask the Guest Services CM to resend an email confirmation (just one this time) so you can make sure it's right.

The time I did it I got a sharp GS CM who understood exactly what I was trying to do and took down all the reservation numbers and put me on hold for about 10 minutes while he did his magic. So it can be done. Just be patient and get to the Guest Services CM.

Good luck! It has been done in the past and can be done for you in the future. One reservation means not having to move.

Bama Ed

Ps - it's a stupid reservation system, have I mentioned that?

Last edited:
As Ed says, be sure to chedk your final confirmation carefully. We recently added a day to our reservation, and when we checked the confirmation - it was one day short at the other end! This lead to a second very long wait on hold, for it to all be cleared up.

FWIW - you don't say the type of site you are looking for, but you are probably aware that many in the Preferred range can be challenging, and many in the Full Hook-up loops are long, wide and a breeze (1700 comes to mind) Be sure to request an easy back up site when you check in. I have also had great luck checking online very late at night, or in the wee morning hours. Good luck!

Just last night I was checking for one day to add to a existing reservation I have been holding onto, computer said the single day was not available but, when I searched from the day I wanted and longer the site was available. I called the reservation line and talked to a great CM who was able to add the one day that I wanted. Not sure why, but I had to pay 15.75 to add the day. :confused3 Any thoughts on this @bama_ed ? I still have yet to finish paying my reservation.

I have two possibilities that come to mind, snowmedic:

One, the night that you added probably was in a higher rate period than the other nights that you already had paid a deposit on.

I don't know if they charge you a deposit based on the AVERAGE of the your nightly rates or if it's strictly based on the highest of your SINGLE night rates. But it was to get the deposit amount correct per their rules (most likely).

You could check the rate sheets I have in the FAQ or your email confirmation to see if that added date had a higher daily rate than the others you had. I think it spells it out night by night on your email confirmation.

Or two, I have no idea. :confused3

:rotfl:

Bama Ed

we can't "link" reservations and there's a chance we'll have to move each day.

1) True.
2) Think of reservations as a giant Rubik's Cube.
3) All the sites are interlinked, yet still have to "mesh".
4) You could reserve a site opening up on Tuesday, but it is taken for Wednesday by someone else.
5) So, you have to tear down and relocate.
6) This IS NOT a case of Disney reservations system, but ANY reservation system.
7) So, blame the popularity of The Fort, but don't blame The System.

TrustTheScupper: As someone who deals with the ressie system on a daily basis, the system works fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter