Making it Snow

Mari0824

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Just finished watching the DFTW Holiday Magic show and was wondering if anyone has inquired on snow? I’m leaning towards a January/February wedding with Wedding Pavilion and Italy Isola for reception but was wondering how much Disney would charge to make it snow in Italy?!?! That would be so totally awesome! Lol!!!

That WOULD be amazing!! I know that they are basically bubble or soap machines and they are located on the roofs of Main Street. They are probably quite large, like a snow machine that they use in the Midwest on ski resorts. My guess is that they cannot bring them into Isola. However, maybe you could change your date to November or December and perhaps have it IN Magic Kingdom and arrange it that way? Or perhaps have an extra event for MVMCP on your wedding weekend.

Omg! I would so love a castle wedding but that’s out of budget I even contemplated the train station but out of budget too closest thing to castle is the pavilion. I wish disney would make the East Plaza Garden or Train Station much more affordable. Total dream would be the Gardens (I would def do a morning ceremony for that one!)

On the show they made it snow in Italy! Let’s see I may inquire and see I don’t want music or anything but would totally love the snow.

I love your idea though of MVMCP as a wedding activity. I’ve also contemplate the Spirit of Aloha and they may be similarly priced.

Thank you!!!

I didn't get to watch the show!! If they made it happen, then maybe it could happen for you!! You at least know logistically it's possible! And from reading here, Passporters book and others, I KNOW that just because Disney hasn't done it before for a bride does not mean they will never do it! Who knows, you could totally be a trend setter on this one. (Oh and now I want snow too, lol!!)

And and I know the budget at Disney is a major factor for all but the luckiest of brides. I am not one of those either, lol!! But speaking on that note, MVMCP is about $70 some nights and really for the entertainment and length of event it could be a HUGE cost savings alternative to having a catered event like a dessert party or additional meal! We are thinking about doing this for MNSSHP since we are getting married in October.

The only problem I see with it is the size of the party. Unless it's under 15 people I would say it would be pretty darn difficult to keep everyone together. Maybe it's even difficult for that amount! And maybe that isn't the end of the world. Everyone could stick together with whom they choose, they would still be in the same general place having a great time. You (we if I decided to go that rout too LOL) could schedule a couple meeting times or maybe make a touring plan for the night?? Ooh! We could make matching t-shirts for everyone!!

Hmmm... Do they still give you a hard ticket for the event or is it on your MagicBand now?

...Your welcome by the bye!!!! I'm new on here and talking with everyone about their own questions and plans helps me figure out mine too soo... thank YOU!

I'm wondering if Carrie @lurkyloo knows of any DFTW brides who had a snow machine?

I would not suggest doing MVMCP as an event for your group-its crowded and loud and will be hard to keep everyone together.

We did an Illuminations Dessert Party in Eocot France for one of our wedding events-it was intimate and awesome & we had a winter theme with the decor.

Last edited:
Yes! Snow machines cost $750 each. You'll probably need multiple machines to get the effect seen on the show.

Thank you!!!! $750 isn’t a bad price at all!!!! Actually pretty shocked I would think it was in the thousands... let’s see if fiancé would go for it lol!

Just remember, it's only for one snow machine. Depending on the size of your venue, they may recommend more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter