Making Lemonade from Lemons.

While we were looking for Nemo, a Florida downpour hit Epcot.

That didn't seem to stop the Party Trio in World Showcase.

Screenshot_20200827-140453~2-XL.png

Somewhere after the 6th or 7th drink they decided to split up. Sterg and Alex reversed course back towards Test Track (and to get ANOTHER margarita at Mexico since Sterg missed that) while Val decided she wanted to ride Soarin' dammit even it was by herself. Why did they do this? Sometimes after a few drinks even the most illogical things seem to be perfectly rational.

Toni and I decided to make our way back to The Land and cut Val off at the Soarin' Exit path.

20200723-DSC09700-X3.jpg

But first - a few more photos.

20200723-DSC09701-X3.jpg

I know the four letter word that's repeating in your brain right now...

20200723-DSC09702-X3.jpg

Back in The Land.

20200723-DSC09704-X3.jpg

We found a convenient bench right at the Soarin' exit.

Toni's collection of bracelets...

20200723-DSC09706-X3.jpg

Finally we spot Val who was moving like she was on a mission.

20200723-DSC09707-X3.jpg

We all agree to head next door to Living with the Land.

20200723-DSC09708-X3.jpg

I haven't had much success photographing the "dark part" of this ride in the past. This time I was armed with a more appropriate lens - 55mm 1.8.

20200723-DSC09715-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09719-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09721-X3.jpg

As we were floating through our horticultural adventure Val was giving us a recap of drinking around the world. I was only then starting to add up the number of times those cute little magic bands were "dinging" at the payment scanner multiplied by the number of drinks 3 people had at 7 different spots. "Oh yeah, in Italy we actually had 2 drinks" Val added. "ChaChing" sounded in my head. And I didn't even have a drink!

At least I had my photography to somewhat ease my mind.

"I'm sure the alcohol bill won't be too baaaaaaadddddd." I mistakenly thought.

20200723-DSC09722-X3.jpg

I really like how this photo came out.

Hey Mister Scarecrow, when your shift's over go grab a drink in Canada. It's on me.

20200723-DSC09723-X3.jpg

More Living with the Land.

20200723-DSC09725-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09727-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09729-X3.jpg

Update from Sterg - "We are going on Test Track".

"Great!"
I thought. "A temporary stop of the bleeding from my wallet."

20200723-DSC09730-X3.jpg

Toni was enjoying the ride and I really enjoyed spending the morning (mostly) with her in Future World.

20200723-DSC09731-X3.jpg

It again reminded me of our previous morning adventures together...

_DSC5943-X3.jpg

More hidden Mickeys; and Val was actually spotting them!

DSC09735-X3.jpg

DSC09738-X3.jpg

As we departed The Land another update from my two oldest - they were heading to Mission Space.

"Hmmm" I thought. "Alex never goes on that ride."

For the uninitiated, here is how Mission Space works (Orange)...

"The attraction is a multiple-arm centrifuge that achieves the illusion of acceleration by spinning and tilting sealed capsules during the four-minute "mission"... The attraction exposes riders to forces up to 2.5G, more than twice the force of gravity at the Earth's surface (effectively multiplying a rider's weight by 2.5). A few months after the ride's opening, motion sickness bags were added within easy reach of riders.[7] "

Mission: Space - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

Basically it's a giant human clothes dryer.
One can use one's imagination.

DSC09739-X3.jpg

As the story goes, Alex was refusing to go on MS but her "dear caring brother" convinced her to go on the "mild" side. He was even caring enough to trick her into believing the Orange side was the "mild" side and Alex was in no real condition to figure this out on her own. Apparently it was a very boisterous trip to Mars as the tipsy siblings were actively screaming and repeating commands to each other. Again - one can only imagine. Thankfully they were the only two in that spinning contraption.

Things that seems illogical seem perfectly rational after X amount of drinks.

The good news was that Alex made it out of the ride without seeing all her drinks again. The bad news is that she couldn't say the same after visiting the nearest lady's room stall.

A big chunk of my drink bill was literally flushed down the toilet. Well, I guess eventually all of it was going to be.

We made our way to World Showcase and a meal reservation at Spice Road.

DSC09741-X3.jpg

DSC09745-X3.jpg

Always time for more photos than necessary.

DSC09747-X3.jpg

Flashback to 2007 -

DSCN1101-XL.jpg

We made it to Morocco with plenty of time to spare.

DSC09748-X3.jpg

DSC09750-X3.jpg

In a COVID EPCOT, this allowed us the flexibility to use that time to ride Frozen. Something that I had only done on our last trip.

We set foot for Norway!

On the way to Norway...

DSC09751-X3.jpg

Always willing to pose, in stark contrast to the teenage versions of her sister and brother.

DSC09752-X3.jpg

I remember my trip to Disneyland with Sterg as a teenager in 2012 . It was as if he thought the camera would suck the soul out of his body!

2012JO%27s%20497-X3.jpg

2012JO%27s%20045-X2.jpg

Making our way...

DSC09754-X3.jpg

DSC09755-X3.jpg

Finally got to Norway!

DSC09756-X3.jpg

DSC09758-X3.jpg

Soon after, we were entering a different World...

DSC09761-X3.jpg

How can you not smile?

DSC09765-X3.jpg

Love the rock trolls.

DSC09769-X3.jpg

DSC09774-X3.jpg

The projection mapping on the faces of the animatronics sometimes does not translate well in photos. At least this time I didn't have my electronic shutter on.

DSC09777-X3.jpg

This would have been a much better ride for Alex to go on.

DSC09781-X3.jpg

DSC09782-X3.jpg

Except for maybe the lyrics.

DSC09783-X3.jpg

and maybe this part...

DSC09785-X3.jpg

DSC09786-X3.jpg

Hi little guys!

DSC09790-X3.jpg

First time saw him steam up.

DSC09791-X3.jpg

DSC09792-X3.jpg

A farewell from the sisters; and from Olaf.

DSC09796-X3.jpg

DSC09799-X3.jpg

DSC09801-X3.jpg

As we exited Frozen we were notified that Alex and Sterg were in Spice Road and seated. I forgot to note that we had a later reservation and wanted to move it to an earlier time but none were available according to the My Disney app. Before we headed to Norway I asked the manager of Spice Road if we could be seated earlier. He turned to show me the empty restaurant and said "come as early as you want".

I'm really enjoying the evolution of your family trips and the flashbacks! I can't wait do Drink Around the World with our girls.

Hustling back;

DSC09803-X3.jpg

DSC09804-X3.jpg

DSC09806-X3.jpg

DSC09808-X3.jpg

almost there...

DSC09811-X3.jpg

Our table was inside by the window. Perfect.

DSC09812-X3.jpg

Alex had that glazed look on her face and after some back and forth it was decided that the best course of action was to take her back to the resort. Val volunteered and then insisted to do so despite really wanting to eat at this restaurant. So off they went through World Showcase and back to the Contemporary.

Happier times with Val and Alex in World Showcase circa 2011...

vc-35-X2.jpg

Might as well take some more unnecessary pictures.

DSC09814-X3.jpg

Even a picture of me!

DSC09817-X3.jpg

I ordered a Casa beer which I found to be very refreshing.

DSC09820-X3.jpg

The meal at Spice Road was very good!

I enjoyed the kebab platter...

DSC09822-X3.jpg

And the kids both liked the lamb sliders.

DSC09823-X3.jpg

And the view wasn't bad either.

DSC09821-X3.jpg

This was the first time we ate in Morocco and I savored the Mediterranean feel to it.

We said goodbye to Spice Road and went outside for some more photos.

DSC09827-X2.jpg

Thumbs up for Spice Road!

DSC09829-X2.jpg

Tangerine Cafe was closed - maybe next time.

DSC09825-X2.jpg

Sterg wanted to go on Soarin' (dammit) so he and Toni took off back to The Land. I passed and instead ventured into Morocco with my camera.

Casablanca is one of my favorite movies and the pavilion immediately made me feel like I was on set. Anyone see Rick? I'm looking for some letters of transit.

DSC09831-X3.jpg

DSC09832-X3.jpg

Back to 2020 and reality. This gift shop drew me in initially because of it's color and beauty,

DSC09833-X3.jpg

with the distinct and pleasant aroma of incense keeping a spell on me. The photographic opportunities didn't hurt.

DSC09834-X3.jpg

DSC09835-X3.jpg

DSC09838-X3.jpg

I ended up finding and buying Val a bracelet and necklace and she ended up loving them both.

More photos.

DSC09837-X3.jpg

Besides the Cast member behind the register, I was the only one in the place.

DSC09839-X3.jpg

After I made my purchases I was off to explore more of Morocco...

Loving your report. And ouch bet the drinks bill was bad- you are a very generous Dad!

I’m extremely enjoying your trip. Glad you’re having fun even if you’re traveling during Covid precautions. We cancelled our September trip and rescheduled for March at Yacht Club kinda wish we didn’t cancel.

Why does the alcohol cost more than the food at Food and Wine? They should have snack size portions of the tasty beverages, too!

Great questions and good suggestion!

All of your pics are amazing, but love the then and now shots of Toni.

Thanks @Chief Powhatan !

thank you!

I'm really enjoying the evolution of your family trips and the flashbacks! I can't wait do Drink Around the World with our girls.

Thanks @becauseimnew . Val had fun doing that!

Loving your report. And ouch bet the drinks bill was bad- you are a very generous Dad!

Ouch indeed. Thank you.
Amazing photos...what a great trip report!

Thanks @DaisyNY !
I’m extremely enjoying your trip. Glad you’re having fun even if you’re traveling during Covid precautions. We cancelled our September trip and rescheduled for March at Yacht Club kinda wish we didn’t cancel.

Thank you @Djjsperry ! Yacht and Beach Club are my favorite resorts! It will be worth the wait!
Yes with my kids I’ve always had the rule I’ll pay for your meals but alcohol is on you.

That's genius! Thanks for the tip.

Continuing through Morocco...

DSC09842-X3.jpg

DSC09843-X3.jpg

Quick Flashback to our 2015 one day trip to WDW with Alex & Toni.

DSC07730-X2.jpg

The Fez House always interested me. It's structure is designed to deal with the hot sun.

DSC09847-X3.jpg

Worked perfectly that day as it provided me some nice shade.

Loved the tile wall. The Morocco King apparently sent many craftsmen from his country to held build and maintain this pavilion and it shows.

DSC09846-X3.jpg

DSC09844-X3.jpg

DSC09852-X3.jpg

My next stop was Japan.

We spent some time here in 2011...

DSC01316-X3.jpg

Photos from Japan - another beautiful pavilion.

DSC09853-X3.jpg

DSC09854-X3.jpg

DSC09856-X3.jpg

I spent some time in the garden; amazed at the detailed landscaping and the upkeep that must go with it.

DSC09858-X3.jpg

DSC09860-X3.jpg

DSC09861-X3.jpg

Time to leave Japan as dark skies approached.

DSC09865-X3.jpg

I then decided to head toward The Land to meet up with Sterg and Toni.

UP NEXT - One more meet-up for the day and ride togethers!/ Some night time photos!!!/A morning in Batuu

We haven't explored the World Showcase much (our girls are 11 and 9 so they would rather "ride the rides") but when we return in November I am going to make it a point to visit all these beautiful places! Thank you for sharing, I am getting SO excited for our upcoming trip!

I also love the "then and now" shots. I love to take pictures of my girls and compare over the years, and they actually really like seeing the changes, too!

t wasn't long after I left Japan that the rain started.

I actually had a poncho with me so I scampered over to this tree to give me some cover while I juggled my camera, camera bag and putting the poncho over my head.
Of course I had to take a photo first. Completely out of focus but I like the "bokeh" balls the string of lights gave me so I kept it.

DSC09869-X3.jpg

Some more pics of a rainy France.

DSC09871-X3.jpg

I had mixed feelings about Remy being placed here. I'm a big fan of Ratatouille but I'm also a big fan of the "hedge maze" in France. I think sticking Remy in the middle of it takes away from the beauty of the maze.

DSC09872-X3.jpg

Les Chef's of France was closed.

DSC09873-X3.jpg

I had planned to get a photo of the kids under these lights and set it up to blur the lights like this while keeping them in focus. 8 or 9 alcoholic drinks can ruin the best laid plans.

DSC09877-X3.jpg

Around here I received an update from Val. The good news was she didn't have to resort to the "fireman's carry" to get Alex out of Epcot the bad news was that the entire time walking out Alex couldn't find Spaceship Earth.

"Where's the ball? where's the ball?" She kept asking Val.

They made it back and Alex was in bed sleeping things off and Val was ordering chicken fingers from Contemporary Cafe with visions of a Moroccan full service meal dancing in her head.

More pictures as the rain would stop and start.

DSC09880-X3.jpg

This guy was perfectly fine with the rain.

DSC09882-X3.jpg

Right around here all h*ll broke loose and it rained about as hard as I had seen it rain in WDW.

DSC09887-X3.jpg

DSC09888-X3.jpg

As it came down harder I realized I needed to get inside or at least under something. I dashed into a men's room and waited out the storm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter