"Making of" books

Bill007

Mouseketeer
Hi there. I'm reading a great book about the making of Pinocchio and just ordered one on the making of Bambi. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend other books that tell about the making of specific movies, especially the classics, live action or animated. I know there's also one or two about Snow White that I'm sure I will eventually get. Thanks for any help.
Oh, and in the movie Pinocchio, does anyone know why his shorts seem to alternate between red and a pinkish color?

Well, another wasted post I guess. I wish we could delete our posts.

Don't worry about it. This section of the forum isn't that well traveled unfortunately. There's like a few of us who check this section regularly. Unfortunately I don't have any information on those kinds of books. I have some general behind the scenes type books, but not movie specific.

JB Kaufman’s books are really excellent. They include detailed information and beautiful art work.

if you read Kaufman’s book about Pinnochio you can find out more about his coloring!

I would also recommend Dave Bosserts books.

I have found books on the live action films to be lacking. If you have Disney+, waking sleeping beauty is a must watch.

Don't worry about it. This section of the forum isn't that well traveled unfortunately. There's like a few of us who check this section regularly. Unfortunately I don't have any information on those kinds of books. I have some general behind the scenes type books, but not movie specific.
Thanks so much!

JB Kaufman’s books are really excellent. They include detailed information and beautiful art work.

if you read Kaufman’s book about Pinnochio you can find out more about his coloring!

I would also recommend Dave Bosserts books.

I have found books on the live action films to be lacking. If you have Disney+, waking sleeping beauty is a must watch.
Thanks. That's the one I'm reading now. I think he's got the Snow White one as well.

This section of the forum isn't that well traveled unfortunately. There's like a few of us who check this section regularly.
This section should be utilized much more often. I can't tell you how many times I'll see multiple posts in multiple sections for Disney movies, and they're very rarely here.

Just got a used copy of The Fairest One of All off ebay for $20. I hope it's just as good as Pinocchio!

Just got a used copy of The Fairest One of All off ebay for $20. I hope it's just as good as Pinocchio!

I love it! The author recently came out with a book about Fun and Fancy Free which I hope to purchase shortly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!