Male Birth Control Pill - Could be coming soon

How so? The end of the article actually says, ".. the science looks promising." lol

I just can't imagine lowering a man's testosterone for a month. While it was considered "safe" for 30 days, I'm not sure about long term. And it didn't seem to totally shut down what it needs to shut down.

I just can't imagine lowering a man's testosterone for a month. While it was considered "safe" for 30 days, I'm not sure about long term. And it didn't seem to totally shut down what it needs to shut down.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think most men would been keen on lowering their testosterone levels but who knows, I’m a woman so I’m just guessing!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think most men would been keen on lowering their testosterone levels but who knows, I’m a woman so I’m just guessing!

No, no they would not. At least not this guy. Many of us go to lengths to raise it, let alone lower it.

Yeah
No, no they would not. At least not this guy. Many of us go to lengths to raise it, let alone lower it.
That’s the thing that sucks is that birth control for women is not without many side effects & risks. But, the consequences of not having it are greater for us so we have endured it. I agree men probably won’t be that interested in it whether it works or not.

Men don't really need a high level of testosterone. They've been brainwashed into thinking it makes them "Manly" but that's just centuries of aggressive behavior talking. The funny thing is - when men claim women get all PMS before their periods, it's really when our estrogen is low, and our testosterone is more evident. It's when we are the most "Manly".

I'm all for men having multiple options for preventing pregnancy. Let them take some risks and have some side effects.

I can’t imagine men willing to take them. I think a lot of men (not all) think birth control is the woman’s responsibility.

Yeah

That’s the thing that sucks is that birth control for women is not without many side effects & risks. But, the consequences of not having it are greater for us so we have endured it. I agree men probably won’t be that interested in it whether it works or not.

Yes, considering all the negative effects for a "proven" science like women's BC, I'm none too keen to take this on (too late, anyway LOL).

What woman would believe a man was REALLY on birth control? At the magical moment, they'll tell you anything!
I can understand that viewpoint but it's probably the same amount of men who believe at the magical moment that the women you are speaking of are on birth control.

My point being is that issue of not getting pregnant wouldn't be confined to women believing men took their birth control given that presently men rely on women being honest about taking birth control at the magical moment.

I'm not quite sold on this idea but I'm not completely ruling it out in my mind as feasible either. I think I need more information and more time of it being studied.

I can understand that viewpoint but it's probably the same amount of men who believe at the magical moment that the women you are speaking of are on birth control.

My point being is that issue of not getting pregnant wouldn't be confined to women believing men took their birth control given that presently men rely on women being honest about taking birth control at the magical moment.
However, it’s arguable that the woman has much higher stakes!

However, it’s arguable that the woman has much higher stakes!
Perhaps but that doesn't take away what the PP and what I was saying..it's still trusting someone to have taken birth control and it doesn't make it really all that different in that specific respect now that it's a man who could potentially take birth control rather than a woman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter