Man Trespassed From Disney World for Refusing to Wear a Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mask mandate is the reason we canceled out wdw trip and will not schedule another trip until it is made optional. We also canceled a trip to Disney Hilton Head resort because of mask mandate when just walking around resort outside. Also will not fly if forced to wear mask.

good, stay away if you’re unwilling to do the bare minimum to keep others safe.

Believe it or not, some of the people going right now are only comfortable going because of the mask mandate.

Masks are not keeping people away. Covid is keeping people away. Limited experiences are keeping people away. Personal situations like unemployment and furloughs are keeping people away. You really think it’s just the mask mandate?
I know a lot of ppl who aren’t going b/c of masks b/c they have young kids who won’t or can’t wear them.

This situation is sadly the closest we’ll get to a “Hopper” being used at a WDW park for a while. Unfortunately it’s not the Hopper we wish it was

Criticized for going to the parks without a mask, and criticized for opting to stay home because they don’t want to wear a mask.

Sounds hard to get a “win” from you.

Not really. If you want to be in public places - planes, theme parks, grocery stores - then wear a mask. And don’t act like a business is somehow inconveniencing you by requiring it.

if you don’t want to wear a mask don’t go. It’s as simple as that.
I wish many other places were this strict with masks. Here in the uk especially we have people printing fake "im exempt" badges and claiming to be special and not having to wear a mask. Our cases are now completely out of control, testing doesn't have capacity so we don't even know how bad it is. All thanks to these people who refused to be compliant.

Mask mandate is the reason we canceled out wdw trip and will not schedule another trip until it is made optional. We also canceled a trip to Disney Hilton Head resort because of mask mandate when just walking around resort outside. Also will not fly if forced to wear mask.

And I wouldn't even think about flying or going to a theme park or a resort if masks were optional. Precautions are needed during a pandemic. Wearing masks is pretty much the bare minimum you could possibly do.

There will be a time where it's safe enough again to go maskless in public. That time is not now.

And I wouldn't even think about flying or going to a theme park or a resort if masks were optional. Precautions are needed during a pandemic. Wearing masks is pretty much the bare minimum you could possibly do.

There will be a time where it's safe enough again to go maskless in public. That time is not now.
This.

Count me in as one of the people who visit Disney because of the mask mandate. I'm a local with an AP and I consider it one of the safest places for my family to get out of the house right now, especially if we mostly stay outside.

As for young kids having to wear masks, my son is currently 9 months so I don't have to worry about him wearing one yet. But if the mandate is still in place a year from now I'll definitely start getting him used to it before it's required of him. I expect lots of battles because he always rips off his hat or his bib. But wearing a mask is a rule, and if he can't do it, then we won't go until he can or the mandate ends. I'm not going to yell at Disney for implementing CDC-recommended rules to keep guests safe during a pandemic. The pandemic didn't just go away because Disney re-opened.

What was that reaction for?
The self righteousness. The poster said they WERE choosing to stay home.
eta:ftr I am fine with the mask mandate EXCEPT where it applies to children. I don’t blame wdw, but the ridiculous cdc. Young children wearing masks is impractical. The WHO recommends children 5 & under NOT wear them for safety. That is MUCH more reasonable. The cdc recommendation is absurd.

Last edited:
Count us out as recent and now former local AP holders. I see nothing worth me or my family's health risking a trip to WDW (except Disney Springs for an early lunch during a weekday). I can't quantify the safety level as compared to other places, but suffice it to say that there is no draw to visit a place we have experienced many times for the risk of contracting the virus.

I can't control others behaviors or compliance or even if they sneeze/cough/touch-something. Therefore, we are probably looking at a few years before investigating/getting a weekday AP again.

The self righteousness. The poster said they WERE choosing to stay home.
eta:ftr I am fine with the mask mandate EXCEPT where it applies to children. I don’t blame wdw, but the ridiculous cdc. Young children wearing masks is impractical. The WHO recommends children 5 & under NOT wear them for safety. That is MUCH more reasonable. The cdc recommendation is absurd.

So then, for everyone’s safety in the middle of a pandemic - perhaps it is impractical to take a child over 2 who cannot wear a mask to Walt Disney World. Should others’ safety be compromised because a child is unable to wear a mask? If they change the mandate from 2 & up to 5 & up, that increases the number of unmasked people in the park significantly.

I just don’t understand this. If my kids couldn’t wear a mask, we would not want Disney to make some kind of exception for us. We would respect the rules Disney set in order for them to open. And yes, I do have small children because that question always comes next.

Here I go again, involving myself in yet another mask debate. Doesn’t matter anyways, Disney isn’t going to loosen up on the age rule anytime soon. Many small children are surprisingly able to wear masks successfully. More adaptable to the change than many adults.

Last edited:
I know a lot of ppl who aren’t going b/c of masks b/c they have young kids who won’t or can’t wear them.

Yeah, that makes sense. I would think they are probably the biggest group choosing not to go due to masks. I just think there are many other factors keeping people away.

I wish many other places were this strict with masks. Here in the uk especially we have people printing fake "im exempt" badges and claiming to be special and not having to wear a mask. Our cases are now completely out of control, testing doesn't have capacity so we don't even know how bad it is. All thanks to these people who refused to be compliant.

We have people here in the US printout out those fake I'm exempt from masks cards that claim ADA violations and other junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter